Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(11-29-2017, 04:43 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: And what do they look like? Strip malls, industrial parks, and suburban sprawl. Galt, Preston, and Hespeler have urban cores and a built environment that could easily be enhanced with proper planning. Same with Streetsville and Port Credit. They haven't become suburban anonymity. You've contradicted yourself in your argument.

Those areas were once actual cores, but in being absorbed into Mississauga and not pushing to be a hub, they became an indistinguishable part of the landscape. Streetsville and Port Credit are somewhat alive, about the only ones which can say that, but as mentioned are known for their GO stop rather than what little development and intent exists there. The only people who know, are pointed to, or see value in those areas are the locals, and usually older ones at that. I would compare it to my own experience, as someone incredibly engaged in the region, I have visited Galt perhaps a half dozen times in over a dozen years, have strolled Preston once, and have never been to Hespeler. I'm not proud of it, but it's what the focus (or non-focus) residents have put on those areas has achieved.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by Viewfromthe42 - 11-30-2017, 10:01 AM