Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
(05-22-2017, 09:41 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 09:08 AM)Rick O\Shay Wrote: Just out of curiosity why would they not consider putting it down the 401 corridor. If folks sitting in bumper to bumper traffic see something go by at 250+ kph it might motivate them out of the car. Plus most cities have been building infrastructure around the 401 for 50 years. It would not take much for our LRT to go to sports world. Just my thoughts.

I’m pretty sure a train going at 250km/h can’t take a lot of the curves of the 401. That’s not to say that a route closer to the 401 is impossible, but simply going down the 401 corridor isn’t as simple as one might imagine from looking at a straight section.

My best memory of my first trip to France was driving North from Paris toward Brussels... and watching a TGV blow by us like we were standing still. I think my friends went deaf from my squeal of excitement. HSR next to roads is the best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by Canard - 05-22-2017, 08:57 PM