Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(02-11-2019, 09:55 PM)BruceAshe Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 05:55 PM)tomh009 Wrote: It varies widely from restaurant to restaurant, though, even in the same city. The amount of space, the number of staff and ingredient costs all have big ranges.

I would also assume that people are willing to pay higher menu prices than they are in North America.

It all depends where you are, and what kind of restaurant it is. There are countries much more expensive than ours, and ones much cheaper. But then you should look at the restaurant prices compared to general purchasing power. It's a complex situation. It's impossible to have any kind of generalized answers for this.

But I can tell you that if I am sitting in a small izakaya in Tokyo with three friends, and we're each sipping $6 pints of draft for 2-3 hours and ordering an occasional additional dish, and there are two staff members running the place with only six total customers, no one is getting rich on this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - by tomh009 - 02-11-2019, 10:11 PM
Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Re: Bobby O'Briens - by Shawn - 08-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Love Wings and Beer?? - by Shawn - 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: Love Wings and Beer?? - by trakt0r - 09-23-2014, 07:37 AM