Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed
(11-03-2021, 08:29 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 04:10 PM)westwardloo Wrote: Another way to look at it is, the Nimby's successfully removed 15 +/- residential units from a project in a region that is desperate for more housing supply and probably made the cost per unit slightly higher. I wish the "local" paper would start running stories showcasing the negative effect these "community" organized anti-development groups have on projects.  

Can't decide if I like the concept. Seems like they have a lot going on and no doubt the change in floor plate from one floor to the next will be value engineered.

Is the bold section true? I was always under the impression that high rise developments had a higher cost per sqft, so is there a point where the increased height flips and start becoming cheaper again? Or is it cheaper up to a certain height, where the engineering challenges start to increase cost?
 I believe that the cost per floor is less the taller the building. It starts to go up per floor after the 41st floor. I remember reading about it in a textbook in school or on another forum. Quick google search has a blog post to back it up. Not sure how reliable the source is. https://buildingtheskyline.org/skyscraper-height-iv/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by KevinL - 12-23-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by nms - 03-01-2021, 10:11 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by WLU - 11-03-2021, 08:15 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by westwardloo - 11-04-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by nms - 11-04-2021, 12:26 AM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by nms - 02-08-2022, 11:20 PM