Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed
(07-16-2021, 12:30 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Just curious: I get the impression that you see a lot of building designs and plans before they are public; but including projects you’re not working on directly. In what capacity do you see these designs? Do architects share plans around amongst themselves, or is something else happening?

I tend to see it through a variety of ways. Most of the time, work (or plans) is just sort of passed around internally between us, asking for criticisms or suggestions. I've got a lot of colleagues working with different developers, architecture firms, interior designers, artists etc who I'm able to ask. At times I'm asked to help out with certain things, so people send me a bunch of files to play around with and I can see things that way too. It's always shared to cities/regions and since I have a lot of contacts who work in planning departments in different places in Ontario and abroad, I can reach out and get some info before it's shared with the community at large. Obviously respect for their work and confidentiality means I can't just go post it all online, as much as I would love to sometimes!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by KevinL - 12-23-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by nms - 03-01-2021, 10:11 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 07-16-2021, 01:03 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by WLU - 11-03-2021, 08:15 PM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by nms - 11-04-2021, 12:26 AM
RE: Six-Sixty Belmont | 13 fl | Proposed - by nms - 02-08-2022, 11:20 PM