Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Westmount Place (50 Westmount N, 9-15 Dietz N, 192-218 Erb W) | 11-25 fl | U/C
(02-16-2021, 08:00 PM)ac3r Wrote: Not directly related to this development, but Sun Life will no longer be using their office space here: https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-new...ns-3432090
Am I the only one that think companies are skewing to far into the working from home? I get most companies have been able to make it work and continue to preform at similar levels as pre-covid. Seems like a lot of companies are jumping on board with the permanent remote work, but I worry about onboarding/ training the next generation of work force. I know for me I enjoy working from home, but I miss the ability to have a quick conversation with a more senior member of our team and pick their brain about an issue. personally I would like to go back to the office at least 3 days a week, but would have no problem going back full time. 

I also worry that companies taking away the office environment is the first step to outsourcing a lot of these jobs to cheaper labor overseas.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westmount Place (50 Westmount N, 9-15 Dietz N, 192-218 Erb W) | 11-25 fl | Proposed - by westwardloo - 02-17-2021, 11:38 AM