Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(06-05-2015, 05:35 AM)Canard Wrote: There's a second pad there as well. I tried to get a photo, but it didn't turn out very well.

Last I heard, the substation will now be just on the other side of the Laurel Creek crossing. In recent days I have seen a space being graded, presumably for the substation. I expect it will eventually almost disappear into the forest. This is a change from the location beside Father David Bauer Dr.

I believe the concrete pad beside CCGG is the top of the Laurel Creek structure. Apparently it requires reinforcing, which explains the work done. I’m unclear on why reinforcement is necessary, since heavy rail has been crossing it for decades. Maybe it is getting worn out. The Laurel Creek structure is also currently exposed crossing Caroline St. where, in addition to the reinforcements that I believe are also needed there, significant changes to the way the storm sewer works are also being made.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ijmorlan - 06-05-2015, 05:30 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM