Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Taking it this morning, it seems the departure time information is still not up and running. There was an announcement about "delays in the system" on the platform: my train was on time, but after I got off there was a train arriving in the same direction only about three minutes later.

The walkability to the stations is quite bad, the more I think about it. The GRH example seems egregious. So are several others, to varying actual impacts.

At Northfield, the only official exit (I guess) is at the north end of the platform, only walking east. Officially, you are supposed to snake around. In practice, when a train arrives and passengers disembark, they walk up the middle of the platform, around a guard wire (either on the tracks or not) and, if walking west, either stand awkwardly behind (I mean on the train side of) the crossing arms or duck under them. The whole exercise looks and feels pretty ridiculous.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by MidTowner - 06-25-2019, 07:31 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM