Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kitchener City Council Election Discussion
(09-30-2018, 08:37 PM)creative Wrote: Well you are not me! I am able to make my own decisions based on whatever criteria that I seem fitting. Don’t prejudge someone based on limited facts. I never said that I was voting for him because he will keep my taxes low. I’m voting for him based on my research backed by my one on one conversation with him.

No, I'm not you, and of course you can make your own decisions based on your own criteria.  But you've chosen to express it here, and it's perfectly reasonable for me to respond to what you said.

On this issue, if someone is against sidewalk plowing because they believe it is a bad idea and that other solutions are better, they should have supported the pilot, as that would have demonstrated they are correct.

Opposing a pilot suggests that they either arrogantly believe they are right and don't need evidence to back up their opinions, or that they fear evidence will prove them wrong, and would rather not be proven wrong.  Either way, it's an anti-evidence based person, not someone I would ever agree with.

While I support sidewalk clearing, I understood and accepted that a pilot would be a great way to show that I am either correct, or incorrect...which is why I supported it.

So when you comment that Davey made specific claims as to the cost and effectiveness of sidewalk clearing that he has no evidence for then voted against gathering such evidence and thus has your support, it's not prejudice, it's simply judging...based on the evidence you've given.  Feel free to give me more to go on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kitchener City Council Election Discussion - by danbrotherston - 09-30-2018, 10:47 PM