Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
185 King St S | 7 fl | Proposed
I noticed the parking ratios are really low for this building - 73 spaces for 97,000 sq ft.
That's lower than most other new developments I've seen in Downtown/Uptown.
By comparison, Perimeter's development at 345 King (Downtown) has 120 spaces for 120K sq ft plus a number of surface spots.

At least if you're an office tenant Uptown or Downtown, you can supplement on-site parking with parking around the core areas (at various surface lots/garages).
At King and Allen, there is no other parking around.
I wonder if the developer thinks that office tenants might be able to use surplus day parking in the condo buildings surrounding this site - but if that were the case, you'd think SunLife would take them - SunLife has a major scarcity of parking (I heard they bus people in from a couple off-site surface lots).

Over time, I think that office tenants will require less and less parking, but I don't think these requirements will change significantly in the next 5 years.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
185 King St S | 7 fl | Proposed - by Tony_Plow - 06-11-2018, 10:44 AM
RE: 185 King St. S., Waterloo (Corner of King and Allen) - by Tony_Plow - 06-13-2018, 03:29 PM
RE: 185 King St S | 7 fl | Proposed - by Acitta - 07-11-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: 185 King St S | 7 fl | Proposed - by Spokes - 07-12-2022, 05:36 PM
RE: 185 King St S | 7 fl | Proposed - by CP42 - 07-18-2022, 11:50 AM
RE: 185 King St S | 7 fl | Proposed - by CP42 - 10-05-2022, 06:48 PM
RE: 185 King St S | 7 fl | Proposed - by Spokes - 10-06-2022, 10:57 AM