Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(09-10-2017, 12:43 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: In looking at the 2018 GRT service plan I was surprised to see that Ion peak service is only 10min during spring and summer instead of 8. Was that always the case?

Also Ion service at only 30min on weekends is ridiculous. People will not get out of their cars to run errands, to come downtown for a night out, or for festivals for 30min service.

I wonder if the proposed service times have changed since the last year when I came across a pdf with potential schedules.  Unfortunately I can find it on my Comp, and cant find it on the new GRT site.

Anyway, the one thing I do kinda remember is that Sunday/Holiday morning will start just before or just after 6AM and run every 15 min, and service running as late as roughly 2am. IF they keep that start time I'll keep suing transit, but I'm near the end of my rope of waiting for better Sunday morning service. I get off work at 6:15AM 1st bus is 1.5 hours later, Also under 800M from an ION stop.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ert86 - 09-13-2017, 06:17 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM