Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
450-460 Weber St. N | Various 1fl to 12fl | Proposed
Something needs to be done about King Street North before anything south of the expressway can be called walking distance to Ion. Yes, that distance can easily be covered on foot, but it's so unpleasant and hazardous-feeling that I bet most people would scarcely consider it.

The on-ramps are another issue, and I know it would be a long process that would be involved in making that aspect friendlier to people on foot. But the fact that the sidewalks on one side are immediately adjacent to traffic, much of which is just getting off of or about to get on a highway, and the fact that there is no shade to speak of at all for several hundred meters, could be remedied relatively quickly.

If I worked at 450 Weber Street North, and King Street North was the way it is, I may well wind up walking a longer distance to the Northfield Station, though that walk wouldn't be very pleasant either.

The way King and Weber Streets North are configured will hold back the Conestoga Mall and Northfield stations' ability to attract dense development (though there's land available for it) hosting people who actually use those stops.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 450-460 Weber St. N | Various 1fl to 12fl | Proposed - by MidTowner - 05-18-2017, 11:41 AM