Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Light Rail Vehicles - LRT, ICTS, Monorail, and more
(02-27-2017, 04:39 PM)Canard Wrote: Well, what you're essentially saying is that this thread is pointless, and the entire world should stop building anything except LRT, and anyone who builds anything other than LRT has made the wrong choice.

I'm really not interested in proving to anyone why I like one system over another, or why I think one is better.  You've already formed your own conclusion, and I'm not going to try to sway you.

I am not saying anything of the kind, and I can’t understand why you would think that I think that. I just don’t understand what is better about rubber tires on concrete tracks with a centre guidance rail as compared to the traditional steel tires on steel tracks, and I’m hoping that people on this thread know more about this and can explain it to me. On the other hand, an unwillingness to even attempt to answer the question does make me suspect that the answer might possibly be that there is no actual advantage. But that is speculative. So, contrary to what you say, my current opinion is that CityVal is an interesting variation on the train concept, and I remain unclear on how it might improve over what can be done in the same right-of-way with LRT.

What I do know is that “it’s grade-separated” is definitely not an advantage of CityVal over LRT, since LRT can be grade-separated. It is however valid to give that as an advantage of any CityVal system over any non-grade-separated system, including ours.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Light Rail Vehicles - LRT, ICTS, Monorail, and more - by ijmorlan - 02-27-2017, 08:00 PM