Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I think it's just people who don't understand railways or haven't ridden Light Rail systems before in other cities. It might look a little "wrong" to them or something, I dunno.

Here's a Sunny Sunday winter update!
  • A crew was busy along Hayward today, tamping the track and installing the road deck plates to give access to Graybar. I assume this was one of these urgent "weekend pushes" that they do to try and minimize the disruption to local businesses. They had a great day today for it.
  • Fairway is coming along great, with a very stylish Driver's Lounge being built! It'd make a great LEGO set.
  • Platform lighting is in at many of the stops, even Block Line, which doesn't have the station canopy or anchor wall, yet. A few of the downtown Kitchener stops have lighting installed in the canopy weldment arms themselves, and at least one (Willis Way) has a digital destination signboard installed now, too (spoiler: it's one of those ghastly low-resolution Red-LED affairs, from like 1987).
  • I noticed there's still a "30 Minute Loading Zone" sign up in front of Allen Square (https://goo.gl/maps/MG6BWzo2cT72), On King between Allen and William. That should probably come down. Smile
  • On a positive note, no one was parked in UpTown Waterloo on the Rapidway this afternoon, so maybe the message is getting through.

1/6 - Sunday, January 8, 2017

Ballast sweeper and Tamper at the Hydro Corridor/Wilson Ave.

Always a pleasure to see a Mk. VI Tamper out and about!  One of several in the area, now.

Hopefully, in not too long, we'll see a crossing here for the folks in Traynor.

The Fairway terminal crossover.

Crossover detail.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 01-08-2017, 06:17 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM