Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Yikes - there's some serious concrete reprofiling going on at R&T Park station!

I had noticed a steadily-growing mound of concrete at the South end of the platform, from the trail... but it didn't occur to me that it was actually coming from the platform itself.

On the West side of the platform (Southbound/Gauntlet tracks), a long ditch is being carved out, starting at the South end, heading North.  It's almost to the end of the platform now.

On the East side of the platform (Northbound), block-shaped sections are being chipped out, at non-regular intervals.

Unrelated to the above work, while I was there, I thought I'd take a photo of the connection at the North end of the platform, to the Philip-side development.  I think they'll have to replace the track ties here, with wider ones, to accommodate the deck plates that are typically used at crossings.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 08-07-2016, 04:17 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM