Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I dusted off my husband's bike today and decided to give going for a ride a try... I was having so much fun, I actually ended up biking all the way from central Kitchener to the R&T Park platform and back home! Probably not a big feat for anyone else who rides on a regular basis, but for me, I was pretty proud of myself. Smile The newly opened Spur Line trail from Aherns, and Laurel trails are just fantastic.

The track switch that the guys were working on yesterday is now installed and complete!

This particular pair of switches will only be used by freight trains, so they can pass between the Southbound ion track which heads up to Elmira, and the Northbound track, which will connect to the line out of town to the East.

Here, the ballast trucks are getting loaded up with ballast...

...then heading up to University Ave.

University Ave crossing.  My guess is that they wanted to tamp the Northbound track (only the Southbound one had been), so to do that, they had to pull up the road plates, then tamp the track, then reinstall the plates.  That's what they were doing this morning.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 05-08-2016, 03:46 PM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM