Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(02-01-2016, 08:48 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: I once had a subscription to The Record, and I too canceled it because of Jeff Outhit...

I wouldn't blame it all on Jeff and his ilk, although that's a huge factor.

Another is the increasing dependence on third-party news sources to fill the paper. Why should I pay for that when I can get it and far more at no cost on the Internet? And then I also don't have to wait for it to arrive in daily doses.

But then they compound that with unprofessional, if not outright sleazy, practices that even their owners, The Star, doesn't dare stoop to. Here's a good example since we're talking about LRT-related matters:

Record: Tech boom fuelling condo buying frenzy in Waterloo "Waterloo Region Record, By Katia Dmitrieva [article] Bloomberg" leaves the false impression that this article was written by a Record reporter. You have to read the entire article and scroll all the way to the end to realize that it just ain't so. [via Google, "Katia Dmitrieva is a reporter for Bloomberg News in Toronto."]

Star: Condo buying frenzy in Waterloo as Google moves in "By: Katia Dmitrieva Bloomberg [article]" makes it clear that the Star is publishing an article that was written by Bloomberg.

P.S. I also stopped subscribing to Macleans after they were bought by Rogers and began promoting a hard-right political slant.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by ookpik - 02-01-2016, 10:12 AM
[No subject] - by Spokes - 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM