Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
These commissions, studies promises and inaction by governments have gone on for almost forever and little happens with the exception of the media hype and consultants get paid a lot.

Since 1970 there have been twenty official High Speed Rail (HSR) studies and promises.

http://www.highspeedrailcanada.com/2015/...-rail.html

I presented a consulting report in Montreal to the 1991 - Ontario/Quebec Rapid Train Task Force, Ontario and Quebec Governments study and it was seemingly feasible then but politicians only get elected every four years and governments change,. Fill in the blanks _______________ 

Here is the final report link ...     1991 - Ontario/Quebec Rapid Train Task Force, Ontario and Quebec Governments  http://www.bv.transports.gouv.qc.ca/mono/0986299.pdf

I do hope you can forgive my deep seeded pessimism but I hope I live long enough to see HSR and also to ride the promised HSR in Ontario. 

Nota bene: It was interesting to re-read today the 1991 report and see the data projections for the year 2010 being used. No time to see if any were even close or accurate (hind site is fun). It was interesting to see the user, cost and economic data projections used in 1991.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by MacBerry - 11-01-2015, 07:29 PM