Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Borden Ave S | 51, 57 fl | Proposed
Ah so this project finally went public I see.

This one should get approved as is. Additionally, it's by Vive Development (I mean...who else?), so the proposal is not intended to facilitate property sale or anything and is a genuine project being planned. As this is in the Rockway PARTS area as well, it should not face any real opposition either. If approved as is, then Tower 01 will be the tallest in Waterloo Region at 183.1 meters (for reference, here's what a 183.2 meter building looks like from the ground). In fact, it'd be the tallest skyscraper in Ontario outside of the Greater Toronto Area and the 56th tallest in Canada.

From what I know of the potential materials, it should look like a pretty good tower. I don't think we'll see it start construction for a long time, though. Vive has 9 other projects in the pipeline as well as a couple under construction and they are not rushing things. I'm sure by the time it gets under construction, it will no longer be the largest project but it can hold that crown for a while anyway (sorry VanMar).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 Borden Ave S | 51, 57 fl | Proposed - by ac3r - 05-12-2023, 06:39 PM