Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
(11-07-2018, 08:53 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 08:39 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Really?  What's the definition?

Forceps, pincers, tongs.

I am just not sure if it Latin.

It would have to come from the Latin "tenere" (to hold).  New one to me.

Apparently to the official scrabble dictionary too!
I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more action on this.  I would have thought something of this size and scope would want to hit the ground running
(01-21-2019, 11:02 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more action on this.  I would have thought something of this size and scope would want to hit the ground running
(01-21-2019, 11:02 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more action on this.  I would have thought something of this size and scope would want to hit the ground running

In the January Kitchener Citizen edition, [/url]Councillor John Gazzola mentioned that this development needs a zone change application.

[url=https://www.kitchener.ca/en/city-services/councillor-john-gazzola.aspx]
No surprise there. Given the height and density. But with it's location and proximity to an ION stop, seems like a no brainer to me.
I bet Gazzola votes it down though.....

(01-21-2019, 10:29 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I bet Gazzola votes it down though.....

I wonder if Gazzola ever votes for future changes?
(01-21-2019, 11:19 PM)MacBerry Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 10:29 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I bet Gazzola votes it down though.....

I wonder if Gazzola ever votes for future changes?

That man doesn't have much vision, except not changing things and trying to be cheap on everything.
(01-22-2019, 02:04 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:19 PM)MacBerry Wrote: I wonder if Gazzola ever votes for future changes?

That man doesn't have much vision, except not changing things and trying to be cheap on everything.

Nailed it !!  and retired bitter and angry at the city, so he ran four council...
(01-22-2019, 02:04 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:19 PM)MacBerry Wrote: I wonder if Gazzola ever votes for future changes?

I know it was unrealistic of me, but I was really hoping to have a visionary council from top to bottom this term.  (most of them are though)
Not sure how accurate this information is but according to this link (information is mostly the same for all four buildings):

The construction start date says 2019, end date 2022
Architect: IBI Group
Structural Engineering: Reinders + Rieder Ltd 

According to this link:

Brodie and Associates will be the landscape architects
(09-07-2019, 08:33 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Not sure how accurate this information is but according to this link (information is mostly the same for all four buildings):

The construction start date says 2019, end date 2022
Architect: IBI Group
Structural Engineering: Reinders + Rieder Ltd 

According to this link:

Brodie and Associates will be the landscape architects

Nice find and awesome site! It says "planned" -- "approved" so I am guessing it is accurate. For "The Metz" it says "planned" -- "proposed" so there is a different.

Also, it defined what a skyscraper is......100 meters or more. DTK and Charlie are skyscrapers. Virerra (3 of the towers) and The Metz (2 of the towers) will be skyscrapers too.

By no means a lot of skyscrapers, but it's a start.

(09-07-2019, 10:16 PM)jeffster Wrote: Nice find and awesome site! It says "planned" -- "approved" so I am guessing it is accurate. For "The Metz" it says "planned" -- "proposed" so there is a different.

Hmm. Looking at Kitchener's GIS system, the land is still zoned as industrial. And no permits shown.
(01-21-2019, 04:27 PM)Square Wrote:

In the January Kitchener Citizen edition, [/url]Councillor John Gazzola mentioned that this development needs a zone change application.

[url=https://www.kitchener.ca/en/city-services/councillor-john-gazzola.aspx]
I E-mailed John last week, and he said that nothing has come to council, so this development has not been approved yet Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »