Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Dear WRConnected Users: Three whole years! We've grown so much over the past three years, and much of that is because of you, the amazing WRConnected Users. But like any other website, there are costs associated with running it. To this point it has been funded out of my own pocket. As some of you may already know, we accept donations. Some of you have made donations (thank you!). This helps cover all of the background costs associated with running this site. If every user were to donate $1 we would more than cover our yearly expenses. If WRConnected is useful to you, take a minute and help keep it online for another year. Any donation is helpful. Thank you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Waterloo Hospice
(04-20-2017, 10:30 PM)nms Wrote: I would expect that given that the average hospice stay is 10 days, that there won't be much time for a resident to be upset by the noise.

Um, the point of a hospice is to provide a peaceful place to be for those 10 days.

I don’t know whether the noise will be upsetting or not, but referring to the short duration of patients’ stay in the hospice as a reason why it doesn’t matter seems unreasonable to me.
And it's not unheard of for patients to spend several weeks in hospice.
I am aware of the varying length of stay at a hospice and I didn't intend offence. My suspicion with the Luther Village complaints is that there are likely only a few that complain but whom have lived there a while. The generally shorter hospice stay could go either way: high turnover means that there isn't one chronic complainer; high turnover means repeated need to educate new residents about the fields.
The point about Luther village is that Luther Village was built long after the bandshell/general Waterloo Park activities were happening, but after opening up in these known conditions, they complained and had them shut down, much like how someone moves under a flight path or planned/predictable one and then wants to stop it, or is happy to be the latest person to move near a downtown core, only to then oppose others having the ability to also do so.