Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting to Pearson
(11-28-2017, 11:18 AM)tomh009 Wrote: 1h25 is not bad at all, and the price is far lower than Airways Transit.  If the timing works, this could be a good option.

I gave up on Airways Transit years ago when it became cheaper to just call waterloo taxi to take me to the airport without having to share a ride with someone else.

(11-28-2017, 02:20 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 11:18 AM)tomh009 Wrote: 1h25 is not bad at all, and the price is far lower than Airways Transit.  If the timing works, this could be a good option.

I gave up on Airways Transit years ago when it became cheaper to just call waterloo taxi to take me to the airport without having to share a ride with someone else.

To the airport Airways Transit is not such a good deal. They are cheaper for getting back from the airport, though.
...AT is $94 each way. WT is $115 to Pearson, $90 return.
(11-28-2017, 03:24 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: ...AT is $94 each way. WT is $115 to Pearson, $90 return.

It's the opposite: $90 TO Pearson, $115 return.

United Taxi is $89.99 TO, $120 return.

The taxi option is direct and I don't need to worry about other pick-ups/drop offs.

Coke
(11-28-2017, 02:50 PM)plam Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 02:20 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: I gave up on Airways Transit years ago when it became cheaper to just call waterloo taxi to take me to the airport without having to share a ride with someone else.

To the airport Airways Transit is not such a good deal. They are cheaper for getting back from the airport, though.

Of you can take GO for under $20. Smile
Yes, return is always more expensive since they need to pay a fee to GTA to wait for the passenger. Same with limo services, too.

And, yes, returning on Airways Transit is less expensive (if you are traveling solo) -- but you need to wait an indeterminate length of time for the shuttle. For two people Airways Transit costs about the same as a limo service, and clearly more than a taxi.
(11-28-2017, 04:02 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 02:50 PM)plam Wrote: To the airport Airways Transit is not such a good deal. They are cheaper for getting back from the airport, though.

Of you can take GO for under $20. Smile

Yeah. I've done that. It's kind of slow. An intermediate option is to take GO to Square One or Bramalea and then a bus or taxi. The taxi is about $40+tip from Square One.

I have a meeting near Pearson (the Westin) coming up.

Google is telling me to take the Kitchener GO train and transfer to the TTC 52.

Google's other suggestion is the #25 GO bus to the MiWay #107.

Does anyone have any experience or preference with either of those options? The time difference according to Google is 6min, but the unpredictability of the bus on the 401 troubles me.

Are there any other options I should consider?
Thank-you!

Also, when I look at the TTC 52 route information it says that, "PRESTO cards can only be used on TTC buses in Toronto."

The Presto page has a similar blurb:
"Currently, when using TTC buses that operate in Mississauga you can only pay the TTC portion of your fare with PRESTO. When you board a TTC bus in Toronto you can use your PRESTO card to pay your TTC fare. If your journey ends in Mississauga, you must pay the additional fare with cash or a MiWay fare product. When you get on a TTC bus in Mississauga you must pay your MiWay fare with cash or a MiWay fare product. If your journey ends in Toronto, you can then tap your PRESTO card to pay your TTC fare."

If PRESTO can be used on MiWay, on TTC in Toronto, why not on TTC in Mississauga? Something to do with lack fare recovery/integration between the TTC and MiWay?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
There's currently no way to tell a TTC bus Presto machine that you want to apply a Mississauga fare. Thus the current requirement for cash or a MiWay ticket.

I think they're working on fixing that, but I don't really know much more.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »