Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
General Urban Cambridge Updates and Rumours
This house has a 'development proposed' sign out front; looks like it's been there a while, though. Anyone know anything about it?

This apartment building is gone and the replacement indicated in that sign is starting the ground floor.

(07-22-2017, 10:09 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: This house has a 'development proposed' sign out front; looks like it's been there a while, though. Anyone know anything about it?

This apartment building is gone and the replacement indicated in that sign is starting the ground floor.

I searched through Cambridge's website and found that the house on parkhill road had a zoning change from business and professional office to multiple residential approved in 2016 to allow 6 dwelling units in the existing building.
From the Cambridge Times:

https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story...west-galt/
Should be a good addition to the area.

The building on George Street is starting on the second floor. Lots of mint green Styrofoam.
(07-22-2017, 10:09 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: This house has a 'development proposed' sign out front; looks like it's been there a while, though. Anyone know anything about it?

From what i know, this building on 48 George Street is becoming a rent to own property very shortly. Rental for 2 years then the option to purchase at the end of the lease.

Hope that helps!
an update on downtown galt https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater
"7:30 on a weekday. Look at all the crowds" - that's because all the stores and offices close at 5. What does he expect?

(10-25-2017, 11:14 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: "7:30 on a weekday. Look at all the crowds" - that's because all the stores and offices close at 5. What does he expect?

That post should be the least of our focus.
I've heard this type of thing from people who live in or near downtown Galt, but I didn't imagine it was such a big problem from what they've told me.

My impression has always been that the Region's social services were clustered in downtown Kitchener. Is that no longer the case? Are more services being provided in Cambridge (some posts suggest that, but don't seem to be specifically knowledgeable), and obviously attracting users of those services as a result?
There's definitely a generous social services sector in Galt; John Howard Society has an office right across the bus stop too.

In other news, it looks like they were taking core samples at the former 7/11 site at King and Dolph. That lot and the former Esso next door were fenced off as if they were one lot; has anyone heard if the parcels have been stitched together?
Under construction at Blair Road and George Street.

[Image: ZHxt2rH.jpg]
The photo won't display for me ...
Try it now.

Thanks -- that worked!
Not sure if this is the best place for this, but friction continues to build over the Riverside Park Dam (rebuild vs naturalize).

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/795...rside-dam/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »