Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trio on Belmont | 14 fl, 12 fl, 8 fl | Complete
The 5th floor is finished as of when I passed by on Friday.

The first building is going up fast (I think? I don't know much about construction speed) I believe a floor is started and completed every week. I live right down the street from there so it's exciting to watch!
(04-26-2015, 11:02 PM)TMKM94 Wrote: The first building is going up fast (I think? I don't know much about construction speed) I believe a floor is started and completed every week. I live right down the street from there so it's exciting to watch!

A floor a week is standard by Toronto standards, but is fantastic here.  I've always found it interesting that our construction speed of high rises is that much slower compared to other cities.

This year seems to be bucking the trend though in some cases.
Looks like the 6th floor will be finished by the end of the week. At this pace, it should top off by the end of June.
May 28, 2015

[Image: csyNSUn.png]
Starting the 11th floor this week, it seems.
Pretty sure I saw precast panels traveling to this site on Victoria today, which would explain the speed at which this building is being assembled.

July 17, 2015
[Image: CBLEoKC.jpg]
This one topped off a few weeks ago. Windows are in up to the 11th floor.
http://www.triobelmont.ca/
August 4

[Image: 20150804_111307.jpg] [Image: 20150804_111608.jpg]
I think construction is going to begin soon on the 12 Floor building (building facing Belmont) I saw them digging in that area of the property.
I guess the other building and garage aren't coming for sometime, they've invested in paving a parking lot and lighting it:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

It appears the leasing centre is now open as well?
It's interesting how dominant this is in the neighbourhood - for example, when you stand at Park and Agnes it really draws your eye.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »