Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Circa 1877 (née Brick Brewery) | 20 fl | Complete
I'd also love to see a price list.

I would also be curious to see.
Maybe it could be posted here as an attachment ... they are not confidential documents, after all.
Apparently all but two units have been sold/reserved since opening to public today, if I trust the sales rep. 186/188 units (all 10 day conditional of course but still)

If anybody has penthouse pricing could you let me see it?

Insane for Waterloo!!
(10-28-2017, 08:24 PM)amylu416 Wrote: Apparently all but two units have been sold/reserved since opening to public today, if I trust the sales rep. 186/188 units (all 10 day conditional of course but still)

If anybody has penthouse pricing could you let me see it?

Insane for Waterloo!!

From their email:

"THERE ARE ONLY TWO UNITS REMAINING!
We have 1 Goldbeck's and 1 Union Penthouse left!

Goldbeck - Starting from $559,900

Union - $619,900"
Wow. But this is really the first new condo building in decades within a stone's throw of Waterloo Square (which pretty much defines the centre of Waterloo) so the demand is understandable.
Bauer and Red aren't close enough?

Or 144 Park or 155 Caroline?
Impressive regardless.
Huh.
At first I was skeptical that 100% of units had been released. Sometimes they release only a portion, so they can say they "sold out" (of released units).
But if they're saying that a penthouse and another unit are the ones left, then I guess it's entirely plausible that they did indeed release all units for sale.
(10-30-2017, 10:37 AM)Markster Wrote: Huh.
At first I was skeptical that 100% of units had been released.  Sometimes they release only a portion, so they can say they "sold out" (of released units).  
But if they're saying that a penthouse and another unit are the ones left, then I guess it's entirely plausible that they did indeed release all units for sale.

It's official:

"Thank you for all of your support and excitement towards the CIRCA 1877 development. We are happy to announce that all of the units are now SOLD OUT!

This development has shaken up the real estate industry in Waterloo Region and has set unprecedented expectations for what condo living should look and be like. We have defied all odds in an emerging condo market and sold out the far from ordinary, CIRCA 1877 project in less than two days. With a majority of sales being driven by the local market this shows us that Waterloo is ready for more.

...and more we will bring!

“The sell out of CIRCA 1877 over this past weekend proves that the condo market locally is ready for a shake up,” said Scott Cruickshank of Condo Culture. “This building has created a new record in the community not only by selling out, but also for the forward-thinking trend of lower parking ratios and a focus on urban building amenities & tech features.”

We are very excited for what the future will hold, and cannot wait to share it with you.

Be sure to stay connected and subscribe to HIP Development's email newsletter to be in the know about new and exciting projects happening across Waterloo Region. There's some very exciting news to share in the new year!

Subscribe to HIP's newsletter for development updates herehttp://eepurl.com/c9FK_T 

Best,

The Circa 1877 Team"
That is absolutely crazy that such a large development could sell out in 2 days. Wow.
That is really shocking, although it seems to suggest that in fact the units were priced too low.

I wonder what portion of the units were purchased by investors/prospectors.
Clearly these guys know how to find and bring in customers. Top marks for that.

(10-31-2017, 01:27 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: That is really shocking, although it seems to suggest that in fact the units were priced too low.  

The perennial question.
(10-31-2017, 01:27 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: That is really shocking, although it seems to suggest that in fact the units were priced too low.  

They do say majority local buyers, so if it's investors, it's mostly local ones.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »