Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillip Square | 21 fl | U/C
Any status update on tower 3?

I believe I saw the third tower under construction this week. Roughly three or four floors tall at the moment.
Building 3 is around 7 floors now.
[Image: 20190805-110536.jpg]

It's up to around 11 floors today.
Crane has has now been moved for the final building on the site. Couldn't get a close enough look to see in the hole as to how far they have gotten for foundation prep
Still think that courtyard in the middle is going to be a disaster
It can be a traffic nightmare and not really pedestrian friendly

The Balzac's here has closed and Ken Sushi took over that space in addition to their original unit.
There was a Balsacs here?? Haha
(07-31-2020, 07:05 AM)Spokes Wrote: There was a Balsacs here?? Haha

Yeah I once bought $400 of gift cards for there.
Totally worth it. They're fantastic
Crane is being put up
The crane isn't up. I rode by on University around 5:30 and there was what looked like the cab and upper booms of the crane, as well as the short base that has been up for a few months. It might go up tomorrow.

The crane is going up. Looks like they're putting the cab on right now.
The whole counter-weight boom, the upright above the cab and at least one segment of the main boom were up by 4:30.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »