Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Caroline St Private Residences | 22 fl | Complete
Drove by Vincenzo's this morning, the parking situation is a real circus now with the lot closure.

Nobody seems to know that the first underground level is all free two hour parking. There must be three times the spot underground than in the old lot.
I think everyone just wants to hop out quick. Everyone will learn soon enough though.
Where are the construction crews parking? That could add to some of the circus since I gather that some of them also parked in the former surface lot.

Getting into the parking garage also does seem a bit complicated with either a tight U-turn when coming from Caroline Street, or only being able to enter the parking lot from the southbound lane of King Street. Time will tell how quickly habits will change.

They've started excavating here. Looks like they're about half a level below grade along Park.
For those of us that enjoy real Estate/ development marketing, from this project's website:

Reaching a majestic height of 22 storeys, the classic architecture with contemporary design elements gives the Caroline Street Private Residences a sophisticated street presence. Crowning this upscale condominium will be three floors of penthouse suites with soaring window walls to give residents breathtaking panoramic views of the city.

(05-08-2017, 03:42 PM)rangersfan Wrote: For those of us that enjoy real Estate/ development marketing, from this project's website:

Reaching a majestic height of 22 storeys, the classic architecture with contemporary design elements gives the Caroline Street Private Residences a sophisticated street presence. Crowning this upscale condominium will be three floors of penthouse suites with soaring window walls to give residents breathtaking panoramic views of the city.

I'm sure that's just a typo and they mean that every unit on all 22 floors is a penthouse!  Wink
Beautiful, thanks. I had heretofore stupidly believed that, almost by definition, a building could only have one floor of penthouse. I'm glad they corrected me before I really made a fool of myself somewhere.

I count around ten adjectives out of the 24 words. That's practically restrained in its understated sophisticated simplicity.
We laugh, but there apparently is a multi-storey condo going up in Toronto in which all the units are labelled penthouses.

When marketing bludgeons the English language into submission ...
(05-08-2017, 03:42 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Reaching a majestic height of 22 storeys, the classic architecture with contemporary design elements gives the Caroline Street Private Residences a sophisticated street presence. Crowning this upscale condominium will be three floors of penthouse suites with soaring window walls to give residents breathtaking panoramic views of the city.

... with soaring window walls to take in the sun and keep the air conditioning running at full tilt all day!
Photos from May 30, 2017

Attached Files Image(s)

May 30, 2017

Attached Files Image(s)

Tower crane going up today.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Yeah I heard the intersection at Caroline/Allen will be closed until Friday. Does it take that long to raise?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »