Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K2 Condos | 21 fl | Complete
Have some people moved into this building? I can see it quite clearly from my place on the 10th floor, and while it is dark for the most part, I am sure I have seen a few units with lights on at night. I certainly could be wrong though.

@Elmira Guy, previously in this thread, you mentioned about uploading a pic from five years earlier to illustrate the difference in the skyline. I would love to see the difference five years has made...
(02-16-2017, 03:42 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Have some people moved into this building? I can see it quite clearly from my place on the 10th floor, and while it is dark for the most part, I am sure I have seen a few units with lights on at night. I certainly could be wrong though.

The smaller tower has occupancy. I don't think the larger tower does yet.
@ Chicopee

Oh right! I'd forgotten. I'll have a look for the old pic tomorrow and post it.

Thanks for reminding me. Smile
@ Chicopee

So here are a couple of pics from Spring of 2012, and then one taken today. Pardon the attack of the finger in the upper right of the one photo.

First one is April, 2012, next is May, 2012, and last is from today, Feb 2017.

Attached Files Image(s)

One more from today, in a little closer.

Looking toward Laurier.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for posting these.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3255]

Surprise! Waterloo has a skyline!
In the photo "Looking Toward Laurier", where are the cluster of cranes in the far right? That is, what project is that?
I suspect that is "The Hub"   looking pretty terrible atm

http://waterlooregionconnected.com/showt...hp?tid=113
Thanks Elmira Guy! Excellent pictures!
/\ My pleasure, Chicopee. Thank you.
@ myfaceisonfire

Thank you.

I can't help but thinking that this development seems incomplete or was done on the cheap.

The King St facing side looks sharp with interesting cladding and large windows, but the side facing Regina looks like a completely different building with smaller windows.

I still like the massing of the project, just don't understand why there is not a uniform finish to the building's exterior.
(09-20-2017, 09:49 AM)rangersfan Wrote: I can't help but thinking that this development seems incomplete or was done on the cheap.

The King St facing side looks sharp with interesting cladding and large windows, but the side facing Regina looks like a completely different building with smaller windows.

I still like the massing of the project, just don't understand why there is not a uniform finish to the building's exterior.

Totally... and the view of it from Uptown is terrible. A huge monolith of blank walls. Hopefully it gets covered by other developments soon.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »