Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
I'm getting some really spammy looking ads at the bottom right hand corner of the page ("Check out this special offer - click here" or "Play now" and "Download" links, no products mentioned.). Are we supposed to be getting ads on this site? I don't mind some ads but the ones being served right now are really suspicious.

Likely whatever as platform doesn’t have enough data for higher value ads to start being served. Likely after a few weeks that will get better.
The ads are intentional. I'm testing out a variety of ad hosts. I'm hoping what neonjoe said to be true.

There will be an official announcement coming soon, but I'm also looking at ways for donors to not see these.
Just noticed giant ads at the bottom of the screen in mobile - do not like. When the keyboard comes up to type, the ads shift to being sandwiched between the keyboard and text field making it virtually impossible to use.
No further spam redirects to report since my last reply.
(09-16-2018, 08:39 PM)Canard Wrote: Just noticed giant ads at the bottom of the screen in mobile - do not like. When the keyboard comes up to type, the ads shift to being sandwiched between the keyboard and text field making it virtually impossible to use.

Where did this happen?

The footer ads are disabled on mobile.
On an iPhone 6 in Safari.

Can anyone else with similar device/OS confirm? Android doesn't display the footer content as it should
Screenshots from iOS.

iOS/Chrome shows the ad as well. But there is an "X" there to close it, I see the same in Canard's screenshots.
I'll look into it, but the only ads running are 300x250px rectangles in the footer, and on the main index page.

EDIT: What about now?
Not seeing any mobile ads at the moment.
Same here. Thank you!!

I don’t know if it’s an iOS 12 thing or a WRC thing, but now when I browse on mobile it’s all zoomed in and impossible to use. Did you change something since yesterday?
Nope, didn't change anything.

All pages?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »