Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
I'm guessing it's just me (I was playing around with my settings the other day), but I can't seem to get the embedded video function to work anymore.  Here's what the code looks like:

Here's what the editor looks like, if I turn off View Codes (the preview shows correctly here):

But here's what the post looks like for me:

Any ideas?

EDIT/UPDATE - Sigh.  I'm an idiot... I must have accidentally reset a bunch of options somehow.  I was digging around in my settings the other day on my phone and probably mucked it all up.  I'll leave this post, in case it helps others in future, but here's the section in the User Control Panel that I had accidentally disabled:

All's good now!

What's with all the span threads this last couple of days? It's like a plague. Sad
I'm not sure. We'd been doing really well for the past little while and then it's popped up out of nowhere. Hoping to have it under control soon.
128 users were online at the same time at 1:00 PM today. Thank you Justin for this very useful forum.
(07-21-2017, 12:27 PM)jgsz Wrote: 128 users were online at the same time at 1:00 PM today.  Thank you Justin for this very useful forum.

It's very popular among the robot community.
(07-21-2017, 01:54 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote:

Smile Hopefully they weren't all robots.

Robots are cool...right???

At least we surpassed the previous high number. I'll take it.
This does not seem to work:

If I click "Update Signature" after selecting this radio button, it always defaults to "No action."
Hmmm. Doing the same thing for me. I'll look into it.

Does simply removing your signature leave them in existing posts?
I don't know, I was hoping not to delete it out of the box. I just thought I might like to turn it off, but "save" the text in case I want to turn it back on or modify it.
Something seems to have changed in the last month or so; when posting photos, this happens:

I think it goes away after a while, some period of time.
After a quick look, it mirrors the timestamp under the poster's profile pic on that post IF it is a relative time. Once it shifts to time-and-date format, it disappears.

I looked at the HTML source last week, and I think it's malformed, which causes the fragment to be displayed. Likely this is a bug in the latest MyBB update.
Image not showing up:

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...1#pid42841

For some reason when I press "Reload", I can very briefly see it - but then it disappears, and only shows part of that broken time stamp thing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »