Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
I've seen in a few places that a post doesn't appear, usually it seems to happen when there's nested replies (Quote within a quote).   Latest example that I've seen is in the ION Thread, a post by ViewFromThe42 only shows the quotes and not the response (Post #67).  I know this was happening earlier to others, but thought I'd mention it again.

So, do the posters of those posts see their text in their reply? It's so strange.
I checked my response, both as posted and when clicking edit, and my comment was indeed lost.
FWIW I was getting this a few minutes ago while trying to navigate the forum:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 1040 - Too many connections
Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
Were you getting it trying to view one specific thing, or everything? Anyone else? I just got home so obviously I missed all the fun.
Got the same error while asking for new posts as well as just the home page.
Well I apologize for the downtime. I'll look into it.

I was clicking on a bookmark to www.waterlooregionconnected.com/search.php?action=getnew but the messages suggest the problem was more general, either the server was overloaded ("SQL Error: 1040 - Too many connections") or a communications error ("Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server.")

P.S. There's no need to apologize for the downtime. I appreciate all that you do for us. I just thought this needed to be reported in case it recurs or affects others.
Seems to be a time issue on the server. I've turned off DST adjustment and it still seems to think it's an hour ahead of what it actually is.
Fixed. It's set to automatically detect daylight savings time, but I'm not sure it does. Might mean a manual change has to happen twice a year.
FWIW the newly released phpBB 3.1 now does DST changes automagically. Lobby myBB to do likewise.
I think a bunch of accounts have been hacked; there are posts in either a foreign language or gibberish all over.
There were a number of spam posts, is that what you were talking about?

Could be, but I think a couple of existing members posted in the threads as well, unless they were responding.
(11-10-2014, 07:15 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: I think a bunch of accounts have been hacked; there are posts in either a foreign language or gibberish all over.

If you mean earlier this evening, one new "member" apparently from Poland made about half a dozen spam posts in Polish. I responded as politely as I could under the circumstances. Pardon my FrenchPolish.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »