Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber Street Reconstruction - College to Union
Weber Street Widening - College to Union

[Image: weber-st.jpg]

Taken September 13, 2014

[Image: IMG_20140913_164723_zps53ba2af3.jpg]
(10-02-2014, 02:12 PM)Waterlooer Wrote: Taken September 13, 2014

[url=http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/mithokey/media/IMG_20140913_164723_zps53ba2af3.jpg.html][/url]

Looks to me like they had one lane of pavement installed on Tuesday.
A few shots of the Weber street underpass July 1, 2014

Attached Files Image(s)

Council is set to vote on a motion tomorrow to re-open the new road under the tracks as of Thursday at 12:01am.
Yep! Just walked passed there today and looks like it could open in the coming days.
I like the slight Art Deco feel of the bridge supports.

(10-07-2014, 01:37 PM)timio Wrote: Council is set to vote on a motion tomorrow to re-open the new road under the tracks as of Thursday at 12:01am.

Note that this doesn't mean the road reopens tomorrow. It's to formally recognize this section as a regional road and to permanently close the temporary road.

What I have heard (from Ken Seiling, who attended my neighbourhood association's annual general meeting) is that the underpass will be closed a little longer because instead of trying to open two lanes, and then having to periodically close and rearrange the underpass, they're going for opening all four at once.
So if they permanently close the temporary road, wouldn't the underpass need to be open?
There has been no temporary road for months now. I guess this is just putting the official seal on the change.
According to this article the Weber Street underpass is opening this afternoon. Is this really true?

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4904...n-factory/
I heard on the radio this morning that the underpass is partially open, good for Oktoberfest weekend
(10-10-2014, 11:33 PM)jerryhung Wrote: I heard on the radio this morning that the underpass is partially open, good for Oktoberfest weekend

I can confirm that it is! They have it limited to one lane in each direction but I believe it's closed at Wellington and north of there too. 

I drove under the tracks for the first time today and noticed they have the second bridge up and are potentially working on the third. Are there tracks on the 2nd bridge?
Some recent photos from Drum118 over on UrbanToronto
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »