Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Has the City approved the revised proposal for Phase II?

I think there's no site plan at the moment. They're maybe at the LPAT over that
I am curious about why phase 2 of this project has taken so long to get going when so many other projects were announced and completed or currently under construction long after this one was started. Can anyone enlighten me?
Phase one took forever too.

Is there something less appealing to these units than others?
One search for reviews of the developer on Google will answer all your questions!
Photo 
[Image: 11195073468008430652?sqp=4sqPyQQ7QjkqNxA...UnOTUcvGgQ]

Look who's advertising on WRConnected
Finally!!

As a starting point, 288k seems reasonable, no?

(03-25-2019, 10:18 AM)Spokes Wrote: Finally!!

As a starting point, 288k seems reasonable, no?

If that's for under 600sq ft, I'd say not really.
'Finally!!' ? You know sales have been on for 6ish months right? Unless it's a re-launch. From what I recall, anything in the $288k range was 505 square feet and no parking (they 'removed' 40k cost of parking from a select # of units to bring the buy in cost lower - but the $/sqft was remarkably high for mid/late 2018 it seemed).
Oh wow I didn't realize the units were so small.

Also, the finally was in reference to their ads showing up on a site that has to do with urban development
Ah okay. My bad. That crossed my mind but only momentarily and too late.
I think out of all the core projects Younge condos name has come up on outside-of-KW marketing material. I've gotten IG ads on my feed from Mississauga realtor about them and I just smirk.

Does anyone have any update specifically on their sales and construction status?
It's funny because I get the impression that a lot of the projects have an out of town buyer base too, but yet these ones just don't seem to move for whatever reason.

Is their deposit structure or some other fine print different?

You're right I just remembered DTK was another. I can say though for the others: Charlie, One Hundred, Garment, Circa whilst out of town realtors were most definitely here, to me it seemed the marketing material was a bit mote localized. By their own admission the sales people said 90% local for Circa and Garment but who knows.
Permit No: 19101248
Permit is for shoring, foundation for P2, under slab plumbing and site servicing for a future 24 storey residential building with retail on the ground floor. (See permit 19-112542 for balance of const.
Permit Status: Issued

Permit No: 19112542
Permit is for balance of construction for a 24 storey residential building with shell retail suites on the ground floor (See permit 19-101248 for conditional foundation permit for P2, site servicing
Permit Status: Application

Permit No: 19102296
Permit is for demolition of a condo sales office (former address was 122 King St. W.)
Permit Status: Issued
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »