Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fallowfield Towers | 12 fl | U/C
If the tallest building is 8 stories, why are there 9 in the picture?

Coke

(06-11-2018, 11:15 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: If the tallest building is 8 stories, why are there 9 in the picture?

Coke

I was wondering that myself. Perhaps the lowest floor is really the “basement”, with the building being built on a hillside and counting the floors from the front?
(06-11-2018, 11:15 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: If the tallest building is 8 stories, why are there 9 in the picture?

Coke

"Have a height of 8 storeys"

They're saying it will have the height of an 8 storey building built at the grade of the road. The actual building is going to be down a slope, and will be 9 storeys tall.

Check out the gargantuan ramp they have planned for climbing to Block Line Rd.

Also, I think it's a bit of an insult to pedestrians that they have made pedestrian access cross the far end of the parking ramp, instead of just crossing over the ramp at the building, once cars have already descended. Putting the pedestrian access there would also put the pedestrian access closer to Block Line ION station.
I don't have a picture for this site but it appears that work may be starting on the 5 floor and 8 floor building. The entire site is now fenced and they have a mobile crane as well as two excavators on site. They have started to clear the brush away and strip the topsoil. Looking at the permits they have an application for the towers but the foundation permit has been issued; "Permit is for the footings and foundation only for the future build of 2 towers and an underground parking garage."
There is now a tower crane up on site, the boom on it is long enough that it appears they might be using it for both buildings at the same time. 

(10-10-2023, 10:40 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote: I don't have a picture for this site but it appears that work may be starting on the 5 floor and 8 floor building. The entire site is now fenced and they have a mobile crane as well as two excavators on site. They have started to clear the brush away and strip the topsoil. Looking at the permits they have an application for the towers but the foundation permit has been issued; "Permit is for the footings and foundation only for the future build of 2 towers and an underground parking garage."

Damn, I wanted these to be 12 floors, identical to the other 4. It would have been perfect for my "Copy and Paste" themed photo.
I had no idea they were making 2 more buildings. Despite the difference in size I'm guessing they'll have that generic Drewlo design...? The Vertikal project has to be the only thing they've ever done that doesn't have this beige/grey/brown/yuck aesthetic that they've been using for literally decades straight now. Every so often they spice it up with a bit of brick like the Victoria Park Place towers but even they still have that "look".

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »