Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
In case anyone still questioned what was the best neighbourhood to live in! Here is the Record's shot of "Spinal Column". Was really cool to see people making their impact on the piece. And that Sandra asked neighbours to help work on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0SpkK5lyw

Sandbags? Replicating the weight of people?
(10-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Spokes Wrote: Sandbags?  Replicating the weight of people?

Essentially
(10-15-2018, 01:44 PM)welltoldtales Wrote: In case anyone still questioned what was the best neighbourhood to live in! Here is the Record's shot of "Spinal Column". Was really cool to see people making their impact on the piece. And that Sandra asked neighbours to help work on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0SpkK5lyw

Thought I'd recognized Lorna's cello! You can her her at the Kitchener market pretty much every Saturday.
So based on the dates from the last council meeting, would the following be an accurate vehicle status summary (assuming the equipment install dates were met)?

501 - Kingston | Returned | Updating and FIE to be Installed
502 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
503 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
504 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
505 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
506 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
507 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
508 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
509 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
510 - Kingston | Assembled | FIE Install in Progress
511 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
512 - OSMF | Delivered | FIE Installed
513 - Kingston | Assembled | FIE Install in Progress
514 - Kingston | Assembled | FIE Install in Progress

Note: At the time of the Council Meeting 502, 503, 504 & 512 were approximately 50% completed on the FIE installation. Since 512 is now delivered with FIE installed, I thought it safe to assume 502, 503 & 504 also have the FIE install completed.
I wouldn't assume anything until the next council update.

(10-16-2018, 12:24 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: I wouldn't assume anything until the next council update.

Or until we hear 502, 503, or 504 out for testing again on the radio...  (which may come first)
(10-16-2018, 01:10 PM)KevinT Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 12:24 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: I wouldn't assume anything until the next council update.

Or until we hear 502, 503, or 504 out for testing again on the radio...  (which may come first)

Which probably won't happen until they have enough drivers trained on the equipment (which shouldn't take too long).
(10-16-2018, 10:24 AM)JJTL Wrote: So based on the dates from the last council meeting, would the following be an accurate vehicle status summary (assuming the equipment install dates were met)?

501 - Kingston | Returned | Updating and FIE to be Installed
502 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
503 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
504 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
505 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
506 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
507 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
508 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
509 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Install in Progress
510 - Kingston | Assembled | FIE Install in Progress
511 - OMSF | Delivered | FIE Installed
512 - OSMF | Delivered | FIE Installed
513 - Kingston | Delivery in Progress | FIE Installed
514 - Kingston | Assembled | FIE Install in Progress

Note: At the time of the Council Meeting 502, 503, 504 & 512 were approximately 50% completed on the FIE installation. Since 512 is now delivered with FIE installed, I thought it safe to assume 502, 503 & 504 also have the FIE install completed.

There's another one on the way here now apparently. So I updated the list.

We can always be disappointed or they might exceed expectations, but given the information that we have, JJTP's projections sound reasonable to me.
(10-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Spokes Wrote: Sandbags?  Replicating the weight of people?

If we have 6 that are completely ready minus burn in by the end of next week, couldn't we at least run reduced service around Christmas time? That would let them launch in December. The others can't be too far behind either.

Yeah, I would be thrilled if they even did something like send a train out from each terminus on the hour every hour from 10 - 3 on the two Saturdays before Christmas and let people ride for free. Just get them out there and moving predictably and have people riding.
Just saw 505 at Allen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »