Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-12-2018, 09:19 AM)urbd Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 02:59 AM)Square Wrote: Art installations date finally revealed?  *They finally figured a way to get the ION sign to flash when train nears station?*  -  *=my dream, lol

Nope. Date of ION service start will be announced.

Nope, guess again!

(03-12-2018, 01:06 PM)Canard Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 09:19 AM)urbd Wrote: Nope. Date of ION service start will be announced.

Nope, guess again!

More vehicles being shipped.
(03-12-2018, 01:08 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 01:06 PM)Canard Wrote: Nope, guess again!

More vehicles being shipped.

That would be more "expected news" than "exciting news".
(03-12-2018, 01:46 PM)panamaniac Wrote: That would be more "expected news" than "exciting news".

I suppose - but that's like saying when they announce the opening date "Well, it was expected it was going to open, so this is not news."

It was not known when the Region would finally permit Bombardier to ship the remaining vehicles, which are sitting ready-to-go in Kingston. The cadence of deliveries starting the end of this month will be really fascinating, I'm sure.
(03-12-2018, 01:06 PM)Canard Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 09:19 AM)urbd Wrote: Nope. Date of ION service start will be announced.

Nope, guess again!

Haha! It's not a guess, I have info that this is the case - but excited to hear about your news too! Wink
Philipedies already posted when and what time that info would go public about four pages ago:

(03-07-2018, 10:39 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Looks like they are targeting the April 10 planning and works meeting to reveal the opening date (the report would be made available April 6th around 4PM).

(...which is 3 wks away)

Love this so much!!

For those who don't know, Keolis ran a similar campaign on their lines in Australia, using a Rhino. The Canadian twist is so appreciated!
(03-12-2018, 02:09 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote: Umm.... don't know what to think of this

I think it does its job - it grabs attention and gets the public talking. Some might find it cheesy, or the effects underwhelming, but they're still talking...
(03-12-2018, 09:50 AM)Coke6pk Wrote:

Damn.  Was hoping for swan boats...

Coke

Mostly playing on the (likely intentional) coyness of Canard's posts. And at 5am, swan boats were the extent of my creativity. Although maglev swan boats could be an interesting ride at an amusement park.
Why knock maglev?  Linimo is my favourite train.  It's perfect - futuristic, silent, zero maintenance.  China just opened up their second "copy" line using the same concept (electromagnetic maglev).  My favourite photo from my trip last year:

More here: http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...7#pid19287
(03-11-2018, 11:30 PM)Canard Wrote: Exciting news in the next week or two!

Are they finally going to listen to Jay Aissa and scrap the entire project? Big Grin
(03-12-2018, 06:49 PM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 11:30 PM)Canard Wrote: Exciting news in the next week or two!

Are they finally going to listen to Jay Aissa and scrap the entire project? Big Grin

Ha, ha. Tell that to the citizens of Jaen in Spain, where they actually built a tram and never put it into revenue service.

Crossover testing today. They paint all the interface points with white paint, run the LRV over it, then take photos and measurements of the wear marks. Rinse and repeat Smile

So if you’re wondering why all the crossovers have white paint all over them, now you know!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »