Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(07-13-2021, 09:12 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 07:27 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Big crane on site yesterday evening - must be preparing to raise the tower crane?

When they raise a tower crane they just use the tower crane to do it and have a small crane to unload pieces of it from the truck and sometimes use the tower crane to do so. So could it be a crane to take down the Glove Box tower crane?
This is likely what it is

(07-13-2021, 07:27 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Big crane on site yesterday evening - must be preparing to raise the tower crane?

Tower 3 is 26 (or maybe 27) floors, I think it's topped out already.
(07-13-2021, 10:19 AM)taylortbb Wrote:

Tower 3 is 26 (or maybe 27) floors, I think it's topped out already.

When I drove by today, it appeared they were working on the office building.
(07-13-2021, 09:54 AM)Bjays93 Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 09:12 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote: When they raise a tower crane they just use the tower crane to do it and have a small crane to unload pieces of it from the truck and sometimes use the tower crane to do so. So could it be a crane to take down the Glove Box tower crane?
This is likely what it is

Based on the Glove Box site camera it appears that it isn't for taking down the tower crane and it is for something else related to the office building just as jeffster said.
Zehr posted a picture of the Glove Box tower crane coming down on their Instagram story today. Based upon the picture they have it looks as if they're using the Garment Street tower crane to take down the Glove Box tower crane instead of using a mobile crane which is what would typically be used.
Curious if Zehr/Momentum will try to snatch up more property in this area after the Garment/Glove/100 project has gone so well
Zehr/Momentum aren't doing joint projects anymore.

For Momentum they're doing Q Condos next, and then the Atrium/Angies property in uptown (that's owned by them, not Zehr Group as I initially said). Without Zehr I think that'll keep them busy for the next couple years, they don't have the capacity for much more.

I think Zehr might be considering it though. I don't know what they've got in the pipeline beyond their Belmont project.

(07-30-2021, 09:56 AM)taylortbb Wrote: Zehr/Momentum aren't doing joint projects anymore.

For Momentum they're doing Q Condos next, and then the Atrium/Angies property in uptown (that's owned by them, not Zehr Group as I initially said). Without Zehr I think that'll keep them busy for the next couple years, they don't have the capacity for much more.

I think Zehr might be considering it though. I don't know what they've got in the pipeline beyond their Belmont project.

Interesting, I think this is big news. For a long while Momentum avoided developing in Waterloo. Look at their portfolio and I don't think they've done anything since the Red.
Can someone confirm whether tower 3 officially got delayed until Jan/Feb 2022? Heard there was an email that got sent out already.
(08-02-2021, 11:08 PM)hockeyguy99 Wrote: Can someone confirm whether tower 3 officially got delayed until Jan/Feb 2022? Heard there was an email that got sent out already.

Yes, emails went out to all purchasers. The last few emails went out this morning.
View of Garment Street from the parking lot behind it on Sunday

Does anyone know if a swimming pool is still in the plan for Garment Street?

I'm looking at the live shot from https://www.gloveboxkw.ca/home/site-camera and see that the spot where the pool should be is empty but I'm not seeing any sign of a pool.  The area was previously used to store concrete forms so I was thinking the pool would be one of the last things they would work on.  Perhaps it's going to be an "above ground" pool?
The last tower has topped out and they are currently taking down the tower crane today.

(11-02-2021, 03:37 PM)519 Wrote: Does anyone know if a swimming pool is still in the plan for Garment Street?

I'm looking at the live shot from https://www.gloveboxkw.ca/home/site-camera and see that the spot where the pool should be is empty but I'm not seeing any sign of a pool.  The area was previously used to store concrete forms so I was thinking the pool would be one of the last things they would work on.  Perhaps it's going to be an "above ground" pool?

They're still planning to build the pool
Looks like delayed closings once again for this last tower due to a flood.

"On March 26, 2022, a pipe burst on the 18th floor of the Garment Street condominium development, allowing water to flood throughout the building over the next 36 hours. The flooding has resulted in significant damage to various components of the building. The clean-up process is well underway and the damage to the building is being assessed by 114-120 Victoria Street South Inc., and the construction team."
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »