Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(05-14-2021, 01:45 PM)tomh009 Wrote: 15% higher condo fee is quite a big difference, and about $50/month for a 600 sqft unit. What additional amenities do they provide for that?

A pool.

(05-17-2021, 11:13 AM)Walrus Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 01:45 PM)tomh009 Wrote: 15% higher condo fee is quite a big difference, and about $50/month for a 600 sqft unit. What additional amenities do they provide for that?

A pool.

All right. That's about $10K/month to operate the pool! (Assuming 200 or so units.)
(05-17-2021, 01:23 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 11:13 AM)Walrus Wrote: A pool.

All right. That's about $10K/month to operate the pool! (Assuming 200 or so units.)

Garment St (Tower 3) is 300 units, so a very expensive pool. But I suspect there's other amenities too, it may also just be a more realistic projection, condo fees are always estimated low.
(05-17-2021, 01:30 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 01:23 PM)tomh009 Wrote: All right. That's about $10K/month to operate the pool! (Assuming 200 or so units.)

Garment St (Tower 3) is 300 units, so a very expensive pool. But I suspect there's other amenities too, it may also just be a more realistic projection, condo fees are always estimated low.

Hmm. Excuse me inexperience as a FTHB. But with a huge lansdcaped terrace, a private pool, concierge, underground parking and other amenities, I would expect maintenance and insurance costs to jump sharply right? $0.48 seems to be on the low end for ~310 units regardless.  
(05-13-2021, 06:16 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 05:53 PM)Serendipity Wrote: Really - 2022??? My occupancy date is suppose to be July 2021.  Huh

Which tower are you in? That sounds about right for upper floors of Tower 2 (originally 100 Victoria). But Tower 3 (which is the one branded Garment St) there's no way there's any occupancy until 2022.

I purchased in the last tower, so #3 (although I think I read somewhere that they changed the tower numbers?). My unit is in the building which has a swimming pool. if they're not meeting my July occupancy date, they didn't provide the 90 days notice that I thought was required.
(05-19-2021, 12:47 PM)robert99 Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 01:30 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Garment St (Tower 3) is 300 units, so a very expensive pool. But I suspect there's other amenities too, it may also just be a more realistic projection, condo fees are always estimated low.

Hmm. Excuse me inexperience as a FTHB. But with a huge lansdcaped terrace, a private pool, concierge, underground parking and other amenities, I would expect maintenance and insurance costs to jump sharply right? $0.48 seems to be on the low end for ~310 units regardless.  

If the other towers don't have a concierge, then that will be the key difference. Maintenance costs for a terrace or parking garage will be fairly low. Liability insurance and maintenance for the pool may also be a factor.

That said, I think you can expect that the condo fees will jump at least 10% once the first reserve fund study is done. And this is generally true for just about any new condo building: the developers will tend to underestimate the long-term maintenance and replacement costs, and the first RFS will then bump the reserve contributions to a significantly higher level.
(05-13-2021, 05:53 PM)Serendipity Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:34 PM)519 Wrote: I was told recently that occupancy for this tower is on track for January/February 2022.

Really - 2022??? My occupancy date is suppose to be July 2021.  Huh

(05-19-2021, 03:38 PM)Serendipity Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 06:16 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Which tower are you in? That sounds about right for upper floors of Tower 2 (originally 100 Victoria). But Tower 3 (which is the one branded Garment St) there's no way there's any occupancy until 2022.

I purchased in the last tower, so #3 (although I think I read somewhere that they changed the tower numbers?). My unit is in the building which has a swimming pool. if they're not meeting my July occupancy date, they didn't provide the 90 days notice that I thought was required.

Serendipity, apparently the emails went out in March - I didn't get it either but the sales rep just provided me an updated one after I emailed.

(05-19-2021, 05:51 PM)foozlewoozle Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 05:53 PM)Serendipity Wrote: Really - 2022??? My occupancy date is suppose to be July 2021.  Huh

(05-19-2021, 03:38 PM)Serendipity Wrote: I purchased in the last tower, so #3 (although I think I read somewhere that they changed the tower numbers?). My unit is in the building which has a swimming pool. if they're not meeting my July occupancy date, they didn't provide the 90 days notice that I thought was required.

Serendipity, apparently the emails went out in March - I didn't get it either but the sales rep just provided me an updated one after I emailed.

I was going to say... you might want to make a few phone calls because there's no way you'll be able to move in in July
Serendipity, go back a page and I replied to you that the tentative occupancy of July was pushed to Nov and all purchasers were notified in March.

Also FYI, sorry but you'll be notified before Aug that the Nov occupancy will be pushed to 2022.
(05-19-2021, 05:51 PM)foozlewoozle Wrote:

(05-19-2021, 03:38 PM)Serendipity Wrote: I purchased in the last tower, so #3 (although I think I read somewhere that they changed the tower numbers?). My unit is in the building which has a swimming pool. if they're not meeting my July occupancy date, they didn't provide the 90 days notice that I thought was required.

Did they provide you with proof that they sent you an email? I find it odd that 2 of us on this thread didn't receive the notice. You'd think that they would be required to pay that $150 per day late fee for not providing the required 90 days notice to change the date. I know for certain that I didn't receive an email from them and neither did my spouse. 
(05-20-2021, 08:27 AM)Walrus Wrote: Serendipity, go back a page and I replied to you that the tentative occupancy of July was pushed to Nov and all purchasers were notified in March.

Also FYI, sorry but you'll be notified before Aug that the Nov occupancy will be pushed to 2022.

That really sucks. I didn't receive any notice in March. I find it odd that 2 of us in this thread didn't get notice.
(05-23-2021, 02:37 PM)Serendipity Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 08:27 AM)Walrus Wrote: Serendipity, go back a page and I replied to you that the tentative occupancy of July was pushed to Nov and all purchasers were notified in March.

That really sucks. I didn't receive any notice in March. I find it odd that 2 of us in this thread didn't get notice.

If they are only doing email notifications, it's quite possible for those to get blocked, filed into junk mail or accidentally deleted. Really, I would expect them to also provide a paper notification. But, it seems that they don't do that ...
Update from an evening walk-by.

Big crane on site yesterday evening - must be preparing to raise the tower crane?

(07-13-2021, 07:27 AM)cherrypark Wrote: Big crane on site yesterday evening - must be preparing to raise the tower crane?

When they raise a tower crane they just use the tower crane to do it and have a small crane to unload pieces of it from the truck and sometimes use the tower crane to do so. So could it be a crane to take down the Glove Box tower crane?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »