Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
(07-26-2021, 05:06 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 10:11 AM)Votemac Wrote: (Real) Brick being installed! I'm very excited to see this (from 7/24/2021)

How many recent developments have gotten this treatment as opposed to precast?

Arrow 2.

If it's just the first floor, i'm still impressed/excited
Although the article is about architecture it has a nice mock up of the future skyline. Notable the station park tower E looks to be the big one. There is also projects/towers in pink behind Garment and on Victoria st North that I have no idea if real or fantasy 

https://outline.com/nWpAwp

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...ntown.html
(08-05-2021, 12:55 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Although the article is about architecture it has a nice mock up of the future skyline. Notable the station park tower E looks to be the big one. There is also projects/towers in pink behind Garment and on Victoria st North that I have no idea if real or fantasy 

https://outline.com/nWpAwp

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...ntown.html
Pink buildings would appear to be stuff quite a ways down the pipeline. I imagine ac3r could share some insight here as to weather theg are in fact real or not but I'd assume they are. He's hinted at more projects in that area and it would make sense that garment st is not a cluster in isolation
The idea of the Krug plant as the new KWAG surprises me but would be very interesting. When I saw the concept render for WLMK Square, my first thought was “oh good - a new KWAG and room for a chamber music hall”.
I would guess the pink ones are what COULD be built given empty lots and zoning? I could definitely be wrong though.

Looking at the map, King/Victoria station is a huge missed opportunity. But I digress.
(08-08-2021, 06:33 AM)Spokes Wrote: I would guess the pink ones are what COULD be built given empty lots and zoning?  I could definitely be wrong though.

Yeah, that's just architecture students theorizing. I don't know of any planned proposals for those locations from any developers yet, but there is interest. We'll definitely see some projects there eventually, probably a lot bigger than anything we've seen so far so long as the market stays favourable. I can see someone like Concord Pacific eventually taking a chance in our region (maybe not specifically around King and Victoria, but somewhere) to build something huge once the success of things like Station Park, Westmount Place, The Metz, 525-565 Conestogo and the SmartCentre development is proven. Those are all going to be absolutely massive projects for a region like this. Combined, those projects will add probably two dozen new high rises. Eventually, more nationwide developers will end up building here which should really spur further investment and development in our region. So far, most of the work being done here is - impressively - by local developers.

All working on site today were HAULING ass in extreme heat. It's very exciting to see the progress thats been made at SP. 

Looks like they're up to the 10th floor on one if not both of the towers. I was blow away by the size of the podium on the Kaufman Mansion/park space side of the project

8/26/2021

I don't know how those men and women can work in heat like this. I die just spending an hour on a job site haha. Good work.
Damn, this thing is going up fast. Wasn't long ago when we were wondering if it would even be started by this time.
There has been an army of concrete workers there, way more than you see on the average local project. I guess because of the project's size it attracted a huge concrete forming company from Toronto (one of the biggest). https://verdialliance.com/divisions/alli...rming-ltd/. It's definitely on another level compared to what we're used to seeing in this area. Based on the growth we've seen and the continuing proposals for larger projects like this I would expect more to move at this kind of pace in the coming years.
Yup they definitely deserve a lot of credit for not just the speed of the development but the speed in this heat
Given the speed of construction, I wonder when the next phase of the project will start. With 4 more towers and an office building, I kept thinking this will likely take a very long time to complete, but they're pretty fast. Barrel Yards has taken a decade and it's still not even done, but I don't think this one will need that much time.

I could see this being done be 2026. They're moving very quickly with it
They will have to demo the plaza to the south for the next phase right?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »