Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
The rest of the crane is currently going up. The cab assembly is currently being put on the crane.

Almost done.

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-18-2020, 04:42 PM)DK519 Wrote: Almost done.

Ha! Looks like we both took pictures around the same time, just different angles.
Does anybody know what is going on in the block of Charles, northbound, from Cameron to Madison? It’s been closed for at least a week, I think more. At first I thought they were doing utility tie-ins for this construction, but as far as I can tell the road isn’t actually obstructed (other than by the road closed sign).
(12-10-2020, 08:54 AM)ijmorlan Wrote: Does anybody know what is going on in the block of Charles, northbound, from Cameron to Madison? It’s been closed for at least a week, I think more. At first I thought they were doing utility tie-ins for this construction, but as far as I can tell the road isn’t actually obstructed (other than by the road closed sign).

I think they've been using the concrete pumping truck over there.
Nice to see both cranes working now

Making some progress:

[Image: X1rEslo.jpg]
The first floor of the Cameron/Charles tower is complete and they're starting to work on the second floor. The King/Madison Tower appeared to be on the 3rd floor but I may have been mistaken because of the larger height commercial unit on King so they could just be working on the second floor. It also appears that they are focusing on getting the towers out of the ground and progressing well before they focus on the rest of the podium as the podium doesn't have much going on.
Is there going to be any connection between the two like shared amenity space, or just the shared podium?
The towers are making progress but it seems that the podium between them is not even on the ground level yet.

Wouldn't the podium have to be done first? Or am I misunderstanding how this is being built
(04-08-2021, 09:37 AM)Spokes Wrote: Wouldn't the podium have to be done first? Or am I misunderstanding how this is being built

What they're doing is getting the sections of the podiums with the towers done first that way they can get the towers proceeding well before turning their focus to the remaining sections of the podium. So its part of the podium that they're working on but its the tower section of the podium. They did the same kind of thing at Garment St where they got the tower going and then started working on the rest of the podium.

Oh ok that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying
Was there ever an expected completion date for this project? I know Drewlo did the smart thing last year and paused construction for a few months (on most of their projects) but even now that they're back to work, it seems like they're progressing fairly slowly when compared to other projects.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »