Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
Thats funny !

I'm forcing myself to wait for completion. But damn this thing's big
I thought the whole point of this forum was to discuss development in the region? That includes discussion about aesthetic qualities of buildings. Everyone has a different opinion on what constitutes beauty, so a lively debate can take place during the construction of various buildings.  That is kind of the reason I visit this site daily, to see what peoples opinions are on various projects. I appreciate that this building has received a majority of the hate on this forum recently, but it is going to be the tallest in the region it deserves scrutiny, even if us complaining won't change anything about it. This forum is a place for us to vent our frustration at times.  I would rather people continuously crap on this projects for the IMO aesthetic shit show it is, while the select few say its not as bad as building from the 80's.  Tongue Opposed to just receiving status updates and no one making comments.
Don't worry, I'm here to dunk on this building every chance I can get.
(03-18-2021, 11:20 AM)westwardloo Wrote: I appreciate that this building has received a majority of the hate on this forum recently, but it is going to be the tallest in the region it deserves scrutiny, even if us complaining won't change anything about it. This forum is a place for us to vent our frustration at times.  

The way things are going, it will be the tallest for a 4 years, if that. The proposed Francis appears to be at least 40 (I counted 44) floors.

And look, I do agree that this condo isn't going to win any beauty contests. But it still is mostly unfinished. Not that finishing it will change it into a winner, but it will change the look and feel of it.
(03-16-2021, 07:46 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Tell me that light baby yellow colour is just some plastic wrap and not permanent ??‍♀️?

As mentioned, I think thats a camera colour balance issue. They publish periodic drone videography updates on their YouTube channel. Better sense of the appearance of things here if anyone is interested:

As I mentioned in my previous comment. The colours are bad and I dont know what would have saved this. But the most egregious part of this is how incoherent it all is.

Buildings a mess. If they had at least stuck to one or two design elements and colors it would've felt cohesive. 

I've learnt from playing minecraft that anything more than 3 or 4 colours in you build palette and you're playing with fire lol.

It is crazy how far away this building is visible. It's equally crazy that we have two proposals that look like they will be bigger.

I know we were all worried about the design from the get go and although I am glad that this won't be our tallest tower for long (it is kind of ugly) it won't be terrible in my opinion. I can see it from Hillside Park, Moses Springer (If you go to the top of the hill) and it's pretty neat from those distances.
(03-19-2021, 01:41 PM)welltoldtales Wrote: It is crazy how far away this building is visible. It's equally crazy that we have two proposals that look like they will be bigger.

Was driving in from Elora and could see it on Northfield around 86 (West Montrose).
[attachment=7663]

From yesterday, relatively speaking it does look very tall in person!
I'm sorry but that parking garage facade is horrific!!
(03-22-2021, 08:56 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: I'm sorry but that parking garage facade is horrific!!

I was thinking "ghastly".
I love the obvious gaps between the concrete panels. The strip of white panels that are parallel to each other have a gap and there appears to be a gap on the top left section. Truly a masterpiece, IN8.

(03-22-2021, 08:56 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: I'm sorry but that parking garage facade is horrific!!

It really is terrible lol. Some tinted glass covering the parking garage  would have been WAY better
(03-22-2021, 11:22 AM)ac3r Wrote: I love the obvious gaps between the concrete panels. The strip of white panels that are parallel to each other have a gap and there appears to be a gap on the top left section. Truly a masterpiece, IN8.

Not only gaps, but the gaps are not consistent. This would not pass QC at any self-respecting car manufacturer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »