Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
(01-06-2021, 10:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Podia! Smile Yes, there is to be commercial space on the ground floor.

Underground parking is particularly expensive in K-W due to the shallow water table.

(01-07-2021, 08:39 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:26 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Even though it looks nice (' hard loft '?) Is Arrow I aging well?

I do think so. But keeping a condo building attractive requires ongoing attention (and spending!) by the board.

And if you don't do upgrades, even if you keep things in top condition, you can end up with a result like Willow Wells, where the common areas are pristine but have very much of a last-century feel.
 Often a sign that the owners' demographic skews to 65+, no?

(01-08-2021, 12:08 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:39 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I do think so. But keeping a condo building attractive requires ongoing attention (and spending!) by the board.

And if you don't do upgrades, even if you keep things in top condition, you can end up with a result like Willow Wells, where the common areas are pristine but have very much of a last-century feel.

Often a sign that the owners' demographic skews to 65+, no?

Maybe yes. But maybe even more so it might be an indication that the board skews to 65+ as it's generally the board that will drive those decisions (although the owners can vote out the board if they don't like the decisions).

In our case, we believe that ongoing maintenance and upgrades are necessary to keep the building attractive and support the property values.

We may be somewhat off topic here. Smile
The panels being installed have a texture and look pretty good in this light.

You can see the texture up close in this photograph. IMO the texture looks alright on the white/cream coloured sections, but for whatever reason it looks really bad on the grey sections (and looks especially bad when you see all 3 together).

[Image: f97VD3S.jpg]

Credit to @adamclark_cok on Twitter.
Yes, I had seen those panels before, and they look OK. But the texture is too fine to be easily visible from the street level.
Reminds me of those plasticine blocks from grade school art classes.
This is a screen grab from a drive-by video.  Looks like they're around floor 30.

Attached Files Image(s)

http://imgur.com/gallery/Ayfy7Lj

Still no luck deleting my old attachments so I'll be sticking w imgur for now but heres a view of DTK from breslau.

Both DTK and Charlie West are quite prominent now
(02-11-2021, 04:04 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: http://imgur.com/gallery/Ayfy7Lj

Still no luck deleting my old attachments so I'll be sticking w imgur for now but heres a view of DTK from breslau.

You can increase your storage space by becoming a Premium member.
(02-11-2021, 04:08 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:04 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: http://imgur.com/gallery/Ayfy7Lj

You can increase your storage space by becoming a Premium member.

Not that this should stop anyone from becoming a Premium member if they are financially able (I intend to when I can, even though I won't be uploading photos), but I prefer when people upload elsewhere. If I'm not mistaken, attached photos seem to get quite downscaled, and I get really frustrated being unable to zoom in on them.

Either that or everyone uploading photos here is just coincidentally uploading low resolution photos.
(02-11-2021, 04:31 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:08 PM)Acitta Wrote: You can increase your storage space by becoming a Premium member.

Not that this should stop anyone from becoming a Premium member if they are financially able (I intend to when I can, even though I won't be uploading photos), but I prefer when people upload elsewhere. If I'm not mistaken, attached photos seem to get quite downscaled, and I get really frustrated being unable to zoom in on them.

Either that or everyone uploading photos here is just coincidentally uploading low resolution photos.
I am well aware of the premium member option. Unfortunately as an 18 year old university student living away from home in the middle of a pandemic, there is no way I can justify spending such money. 

As for the low res photos, for myself I know I downsized them so I could upload more before I hit my quota lol. I imagine at least some others may have done the same.
(02-11-2021, 04:31 PM)dtkvictim Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:08 PM)Acitta Wrote: You can increase your storage space by becoming a Premium member.

I always resize my photos to make the smaller. They aren't fine artwork, LOL.
(02-11-2021, 05:58 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:31 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: Not that this should stop anyone from becoming a Premium member if they are financially able (I intend to when I can, even though I won't be uploading photos), but I prefer when people upload elsewhere. If I'm not mistaken, attached photos seem to get quite downscaled, and I get really frustrated being unable to zoom in on them.

I always resize my photos to make the smaller. They aren't fine artwork, LOL.

Yes, of course, I don't care about the attractiveness of most peoples pictures on here (unless it's for that explicit purpose). But higher resolution improves the more practical documentary nature of most of the photos on here. I just get frustrated when I'm trying to look at the details of some construction or read the signage in a photo, but can't because it's too small, when I probably would have been able to before down-scaling. Maybe it doesn't bother anyone else, but it bothers me so I leave my photos intact.

(02-11-2021, 05:53 PM)Bjays93 Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:31 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: Not that this should stop anyone from becoming a Premium member if they are financially able (I intend to when I can, even though I won't be uploading photos), but I prefer when people upload elsewhere. If I'm not mistaken, attached photos seem to get quite downscaled, and I get really frustrated being unable to zoom in on them.

I am well aware of the premium member option. Unfortunately as an 18 year old university student living away from home in the middle of a pandemic, there is no way I can justify spending such money. 

As for the low res photos, for myself I know I downsized them so I could upload more before I hit my quota lol. I imagine at least some others may have done the same.
How much is it ?
(02-11-2021, 08:04 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:53 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: I am well aware of the premium member option. Unfortunately as an 18 year old university student living away from home in the middle of a pandemic, there is no way I can justify spending such money. 

How much is it ?
A premium membership? I looked a while back and it's not much but its enough

The bigger thing is the attachment storage still isnt unlimited. I used up 50mb quickly. 200 would last me a little longer but not long enough to justify paying for it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »