Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
This makes more sense. They’re not likely to cover the map/screen on the Charles St side.

Just Walked by, the heron art is up on the Halls Lane side.
Picture?
From yesterday, during installation

I was by today (and have lots of pictures, but will post later)

I will say though, after having seen it in person I actually like the glass and think it's very nice.
More art around town! I love it. It adds something special, coupled with good architecture.
(10-17-2020, 10:00 PM)Momo26 Wrote: More art around town! I love it. It adds something special, coupled with good architecture.

There are some more things being planned! I can't really specify what, since some of it will depend on funding and grants.

Hopefully CAFKA will be able to put on their biennial next summer, it always brings a lot of good temporary art installations around the city. I think it was cancelled this year due to the pandemic.

(10-17-2020, 03:02 PM)Momo26 Wrote: So it's not gonna cover the garage metal grid thing afterall. Laneway art has become a bit of a thing nowadays so this is okay. It'll get seen or become a thing people seek out.

This (until now, blank) wall is also quite visible from King St, so this is an excellent choice of location.
Oh sweet i wouldn't have imagined it had good visibility from King. Do you have to be at a specific angle?

They cancelled Night/Shift a couple years back right - not enough interest in keeping it going? It's too bad, that had potential, especially if the city doubled down in size and stature.
It's quite visible from near the College St intersection as there is the (pair of) vacant lots next to Manulife.
Here are the pics. Took a ton all over downtown, get a good idea of its presence from all over downtown. New art piece is around the middle. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/hCW8C8w

As a side note. Is there a place just for pictures of downtown, existing buildings etc? I went around photographing everything basically.
(10-19-2020, 01:22 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: As a side note. Is there a place just for pictures of downtown, existing buildings etc? I went around photographing everything basically.

We have a forum for that!
https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...php?fid=21
(10-19-2020, 01:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 01:22 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: As a side note. Is there a place just for pictures of downtown, existing buildings etc? I went around photographing everything basically.

We have a forum for that!
https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...php?fid=21
Awesome thanks!

Cool. Great shots
Snapped a pic from Charles St. today. Rising up quite tall above downtown from a distance now. Very different view from this spot 5-10 years ago.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »