Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vogue Residences (née District Condos) | 21 + 14 fl | U/C
(07-17-2020, 12:07 PM)mastermind Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 12:07 PM)EdM Wrote: Yeah, somewhere I saw it reported that the outrigger broke. Fortunately nobody was injured.

Imagine the job of removing this from site now.  It's full of hard concrete and ready to fall back down once the boom is separated from the truck...  And then it might not even drive anymore.

The concrete isn't that heavy compared to the rest of the thing, it's only in that pipe along the side of the boom so they could even remove it if they wanted to. This might have tipped over before they started pumping too, I can't tell from the picture. I imagine they'll drain the hydraulics, take the boom apart, and load the thing onto a trailer or two.

Apparently the boom was full of concrete, and had to be cut apart.
There was a concrete pumping boom pouring today. Could it be for the crane base?
Another concrete pour today.
Big pour today with three pumps on site.
Forms for concrete columns and supports for between floors were delivered today.
Still no crane?

(08-28-2020, 07:59 AM)mastermind Wrote: Still no crane?

Just the mobile crane.
More concrete is being pumped today.
Crane going up
There was a second mobile crane on site this morning. There might have been a base for the tower crane in the pit, but there were no other crane parts present.
Noticed that after didn't get a chance to correct it. I saw the crane for 128 and the boom up on the mobile crane and the gantry from 128 was at such an angle fro where I was a block away it looked like it was at the district lol
I'm not sure what's going on here. 22 storeys seems way to high to build with just mobile cranes, but if they're going to use a tower crane I don't know why it hasn't gone up yet.

Wow it's really looking like things are happening now. No peepholes needed here!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »