Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
I'll defer to those with greater expertise, but to me a "portico" is a covered structure that is attached to an entrance/building and that is held up by pillars. Without the pillars, I'd call it a canopy, or perhaps awning might be more accurate.

Someone said this entire operation is on hold...accurate?

Sorry didn't scroll back through thread...
Yes -- Drewlo has shut down all non-essential operations for now.
So I'm guessing this site is still closed down?
Last week I noticed a couple people on the site, but when I walked by it yesterday there was nothing happening.
That's what I have seen, too: supervisors or engineers visiting the site, but no significant activity. But Drewlo is still running up a fairly steep tab on crane and other equipment rentals (apart from all the money they have already spent on the construction) so I do expect them to get back to this sooner or later.
New signage at the construction site entrance. Might they be planning to start up again soon?

They've strung it out long enough. Back to work! Smile
(07-13-2020, 06:24 PM)tomh009 Wrote: New signage at the construction site entrance. Might they be planning to start up again soon?
 I can see the crane from my apartment, and noticed that it has rotated a couple times in the past week. It never seems nearly as busy as the other sites I can see, but I think things are already somewhat started back up.
The crane moves on it's own, depends how fast and direction of the wind.
(07-13-2020, 09:47 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 06:24 PM)tomh009 Wrote: New signage at the construction site entrance. Might they be planning to start up again soon?
 I can see the crane from my apartment, and noticed that it has rotated a couple times in the past week. It never seems nearly as busy as the other sites I can see, but I think things are already somewhat started back up.

Yeah, I was going to mention that the crane is moving, if only very occasionally. But looks like next week might be in full swing! Yee haw!
They are planning to spend the next two weeks cleaning up the site, and then construction will finally restart from the beginning of August. And, yes, I was told that there will be a second crane very soon.
I live nearby and honestly cannot wait for the new grocery store to be opened here.

(07-17-2020, 11:08 AM)tomh009 Wrote: They are planning to spend the next two weeks cleaning up the site, and then construction will finally restart from the beginning of August. And, yes, I was told that there will be a second crane very soon.
Did they restart?   Thank you.
(07-28-2020, 06:19 PM)catarctica Wrote: I live nearby and honestly cannot wait for the new grocery store to be opened here.

Confirmed grocery store?? Nice!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »