Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
There is a big difference in prices between existing buildings and pre-construction sales with move-in dates in 2022 and later.

And not every young couple needs three bedrooms: Canada's female fertility rate is only about 1.5, so many women have either no children at all or only one (in their lifetimes).

March 09 2020

[Image: 0WVh079.jpg]
She's a beauty. Looking forward to it.
11th floor?
(03-09-2020, 09:26 PM)Square Wrote: 11th floor?
the forms are for the 12th floor.
(03-09-2020, 09:39 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 09:26 PM)Square Wrote: 11th floor?
the forms are for the 12th floor.
Thank you.
March 09 2020

[Image: vgvIfa5.jpg]

Thanks for the photo update! excited to see cladding finally go up on this one. Has anyone seen the drawings for this building? Seems crazy to me that there would be a steel stud wall separating the parking garage and a residential unit. Maybe I am not seeing it correctly though. must be a storage unit or something.
(03-07-2020, 03:40 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is a big difference in prices between existing buildings and pre-construction sales with move-in dates in 2022 and later.

And not every young couple needs three bedrooms: Canada's female fertility rate is only about 1.5, so many women have either no children at all or only one (in their lifetimes).

The problem is, though, that much of the development we're getting is *only* for singles or couples without kids - one bedroom condos.
(03-10-2020, 10:19 AM)westwardloo Wrote: Thanks for the photo update! excited to see cladding finally go up on this one. Has anyone seen the drawings for this building? Seems crazy to me that there would be a steel stud wall separating the parking garage and a residential unit. Maybe I am not seeing it correctly though. must be a storage unit or something.

I haven't seen a lot of diagrams or anything, but this image at at the bottom of: http://charliewest.ca/floor-plans#panel2   shows floors 3-5 and identifies a lockers section beside the parking that looks to be in that area. I'm pretty poor at orienting myself though, so it's just as likely that I'm misreading it.

[Image: key-p04.png]
This project makes me happy! Thanks for the update
The one bedrooms make more money for the developers - I think that's glaringly obvious - but there is still some mandate that I beleive requires a min % of greater than 1 bedrooms (maybe that means 1 plus a 'den' ha)
(03-10-2020, 10:33 AM)Bytor Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 03:40 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is a big difference in prices between existing buildings and pre-construction sales with move-in dates in 2022 and later.

The problem is, though, that much of the development we're getting is *only* for singles or couples without kids - one bedroom condos.

Yes, I would like to see more 2BR units as well. However, as long as buyers keep snapping up the 1BR units the developers will keep building them.

3-19-20

Looking good on the skyline.

From that angle, soon Young Condos will obstruct your view Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »