Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit

...and it's worth noting she's pointing at Car 15, which is Waterloo LRV no. 13. No. 1 and 2 are the Metrolinx Pilots, so this is 513.
"Let's make sure this happens" aren't we a bit past the point of needing to say anything like that?
(03-02-2018, 09:37 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: "Let's make sure this happens" aren't we a bit past the point of needing to say anything like that?

I noticed that too.  It speaks to her commitment and ideals on transportation infrastructure...
(03-02-2018, 09:45 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 09:37 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: "Let's make sure this happens" aren't we a bit past the point of needing to say anything like that?

I noticed that too.  It speaks to her commitment and ideals on transportation infrastructure...

The BC NDP's first move in government - when allied with the Greens, so you know it was the NDP's priority - was to remove tolls on an overly congested bridge, one of the few real congestion charges in the country. In Ontario, in the last election, the NDP's priorities aligned pretty squarely with the "drivers are overly taxed and can't handle anything more, what we need are reductions" attitude, with roughly nothing to say on transit that wasn't a given. Changing mindset? We'll see.
(03-01-2018, 09:51 PM)Canard Wrote: ...and it's worth noting she's pointing at Car 15, which is Waterloo LRV no. 13. No. 1 and 2 are the Metrolinx Pilots, so this is 513.

Awesome! That suggests manufacturing really is near completion.

Do you happen to know how they store them? Do they just park them at the end of the test track, or are there extra sidings or space in the manufacturing building, or something else? Also, is it normal to have inventory like this? I had the impression that the normal procedure would be to ship vehicles relatively soon after completion, so that the number on property at any time would be relatively small. Whereas it seems they now have 10-11 of our vehicles on site.
Some are inside the assembly hall, some are out back, some are out front.

(02-28-2018, 10:23 PM)KevinT Wrote: Any chance you can plug that scanner into a sound card and shoutcast it for all to enjoy?

Sorry, I listen to other talk groups, so it would confuse the listeners.  I tried to connect to shoutcast, but I don't know how to get my own server.
If you go to this link : http://www.cykf.net/index.php , it has the scanner link to GRT. I will send a e-mail and ask if they can add the LRT talkgroups.
Thank you Square!!
I was just tooling around on this page, and I realized there is a LOT of detail on individual stations that I hadn't realized before... like every one having a detailed diagram of the local area, including bus stops and access points. Really worth a look!

As an example, R&T. It shows more landscaping than is currently done, notably:
[Image: 3.-RT_OverviewPCC-1000px.png]
Managed to catch my first glimpse of a working LRV in the wild today. They looked to be testing the gauntlet track signal.

They had removed the garbage bag covering the signal for the test then covered it up again when they were done.

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(03-05-2018, 03:33 PM)Canard Wrote:

Love the Canadian take on the Keolis’ safety campaigns used in Australia!

The problem is my answer to that question is s "Grab a shotgun and get some moose meat for supper". Big Grin
Not sure If this is new or not, but noticed that the lrt signals by the spur line lights in uptown are now synced with the traffic light. When the light turned red, it moved to a vertical bar and when it went green it went horrizontal. It also flashed for a few seconds before changing.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »