Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I believe 502 was loaded Sept 25 and unloaded Oct 3; so 9 days.

Depends how close they can load it to the actual shipping date.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(11-30-2017, 11:13 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: I believe 502 was loaded Sept 25 and unloaded Oct 3; so 9 days.

Depends how close they can load it to the actual shipping date.

yeah CN didn't pick it up until Wednesday Sept 27th and it got to the region on the 29th but GEXR doesn't run a train from Fri-Sun so it couldn't be brought up the Waterloo Spur until Monday October 2nd. The local switcher for Millhaven only runs 3 days a week so when this one gets picked up is up in the air.
(11-30-2017, 05:47 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: 504 loaded on a flatbed, from the Facebook group.

[Image: bem8ubJ.jpg]

Dude, not cool, I drove hours to get that photo.  Next time ask before reposting, 99% of the time I'll say yes...
(11-30-2017, 06:31 PM)Canard Wrote: You just stole KevinT's thunder.  He's driving home right now - please let him post when he's back, and has the rest of his photos to share.

But yes, 504 is loaded and ready to ship.  Eat that, naysayers!

Thanks my friend.  I have to review the other photos on a bigger screen to see if they're worth posting, the camera didn't want to focus in the twilight and I suspect this cell phone pic is the best I got out of all of that driving.  :-(
I'm not familiar with every member here and had no idea you were making special trips from Waterloo to Kingston just for train photos, so I apologize for reposting it. Since you posted about 504 in the Facebook group but not on WRC, it seemed a bit silly to pretend the information didn't exist, but I won't include your photos in the future.
Thanks Bob.  Posting here is a pain best left to a desktop computer (I have to upload to Flickr, then paste links into tags), whereas Facebook is easy via the app on my phone.  I was going to delay posting to the Facebook group too, but there was another car there with me and I didn't want to get scooped after driving all that way.  :-)

Looking at the rest of my photos on a desktop machine it's painful how dark they are...  hopefully I'll get a chance to edit them later on today, then will post them here and at Urban Toronto.  In the meantime, you can see them in all of their dark, poorly focused ugliness on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevint3141...6773420561

Edit to add: In hindsight that other car was probably just security, as this siding is outside of any fenced off areas.  The driver stayed in his car the whole time.
Just passed Kitchener Market station - crews are busy at the ticket machine / smart card reader points!

I believe they did say they were scheduled to be installed before year end, so that's likely what's up.
(12-01-2017, 10:08 AM)KevinT Wrote: Thanks Bob.  Posting here is a pain best left to a desktop computer (I have to upload to Flickr, then paste links into tags), whereas Facebook is easy via the app on my phone.  I was going to delay posting to the Facebook group too, but there was another car there with me and I didn't want to get scooped after driving all that way.  :-)

Looking at the rest of my photos on a desktop machine it's painful how dark they are...  hopefully I'll get a chance to edit them later on today, then will post them here and at Urban Toronto.  In the meantime, you can see them in all of their dark, poorly focused ugliness on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevint3141...6773420561

Edit to add: In hindsight that other car was probably just security, as this siding is outside of any fenced off areas.  The driver stayed in his car the whole time.

Good to hear they have it supervised. I would be sad if one got delivered with tags on it. I wonder why they don’t shrink-wrap them? Then even if they got tagged, they could just strip the wrapping (assuming the graffitos? graffitiers? didn’t strip it themselves).

Thanks for the photos! I can’t wait for the loading of another vehicle to be boring, or at least routine (no, it’ll never be boring! Smile ).

What’s with that concrete barrier? Cheap alternative to buffers?
(12-01-2017, 12:58 PM)KevinL Wrote: Just passed Kitchener Market station - crews are busy at the ticket machine / smart card reader points!

Here's what has been installed:

[Image: 20n7.jpg]

[Image: 20n8.jpg]

The card readers obviously look more 'complete', just needing the user interface. The ticket machines will, presumably, go atop those bases.
I am waiting for the 7 by Grand River hospital and the platform just said have a merry Christmas and have a happy holidays in it's robotix voixe
LOL!!!
I was at UW the other night and the flashers at the gates on campus were going for a while with no train in sight and the gates not lowered. The signs say they are non-functional, are they testing or was it just an error?

(12-02-2017, 03:38 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: I am waiting for the 7 by Grand River hospital and the platform just said have a merry Christmas and have a happy holidays in it's robotix voixe

Yeah. I just got this at Conestoga Mall.
(12-02-2017, 05:15 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: I was at UW the other night and the flashers at the gates on campus were going for a while with no train in sight and the gates not lowered. The signs say they are non-functional, are they testing or was it just an error?

I was waiting at Erb/Caroline, and this thing went through (making an illegal left) - and the lights and bells went off!  I have no idea how that's possible unless it was just a total random fluke.  I laughed, though.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »