Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Looks like someone who posts to WRC made the newspapers today.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6784...-waterloo/

The construction staging yard on Wes Graham Way is gone.
...and at R&T Park, and Seagram too! They're all being closed out.

If you're near a radio, I'll be speaking (gulp) to Eric Drozd on 570 news shortly.
Good luck! So much news is negative; it's nice to have someone speaking out positively for ION and construction.
Nicely done. Thankfully we're no longer dealing with "The Hour of Rage" on 570, so not the most hostile environment Wink
Yep, just listened in, great job.  I actually find Eric to be fairly level headed and reasonable.  He's the best morning show host they've had in quite a while.
I noticed that NB Queen lost the left-turn signal. The thing that confuses me now is: why was there a left-turn signal to begin with? They're only needed instead of a flashing green when straight-through traffic needs to remain stopped, but this light always gave a the left-turn signal with a green light, and the was no arrow for SB to provide for protected left turns for both directions.

Thanks folks. Smile Gave a shout out to WRConnected, too!
WOW! Iain! That is awesome. So happy to see a fellow WRC-er on the front page! Great work!
As expected, Frederick has closed from King to Duke (both intersections are closed). Initial work was dismantling existing signal poles.
The train tracks north of Waterloo Street had ballast being poured along them at lunch today. Don't know whether that's a new or regular development pertaining to the overpass rail realignment.
I just got some very good news. Trammy Mc. Tramface (the sign on Borden) is just a prototype - and is being replaced with a better design. Smile Someone at the Region was just as picky as me, it seems, and is making some changes!

Perhaps they should auction off that one-off sign for charity? Wink
notmyfriends will surely be bidding in that case!

King/Frederick update: Pavement fully torn up in the intersection. A great vantage point to observe the work here will be the Market Square/22 Frederick overhead walkway, for the curious.
(07-27-2016, 03:02 PM)Canard Wrote: I just got some very good news. Trammy Mc. Tramface (the sign on Borden) is just a prototype - and is being replaced with a better design. Smile Someone at the Region was just as picky as me, it seems, and is making some changes!

Perhaps they should auction off that one-off sign for charity? Wink

What sign? Did I miss this....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »