Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
(09-10-2015, 06:56 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 02:43 PM)realtyforward Wrote: Assuming that an OMB decision is made fairly quickly or all parties come to a settlement, I don't think you'd see much more than the existing buildings being demolished this year. Zoning and Site Plan approval with the City still have to occur which take some time. I would guess an early Spring start with maybe some excavation happening over the Winter depending on weather.

Hard to tell.  Momentum has a track record of starting things as quick as possible, regardless of time of year.  I believe One Victoria started either just before or in the winter did it not?

Looks like there is an active demolition permit application for the properties in question since July according to Kitchener's GIS system.

**Also an interesting note regarding the widening of Victoria!

- 15120629 - Application

Permit Description
  Permit is to demolish a 2 storey industrial building.
  Special Conditions
  **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.** Do not confuse this property with 100 1/2 Victoria St S **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.** **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.**
  Contractor
  MIKE MAXWELL :MOMENTUM DEVELOPMENTS
  Contractor Contact
  KITCHENER ON phone 519-570-6407 phone2 519--
  Construction Value
  $0.00

(09-16-2015, 12:01 PM)JCnb Wrote: **Also an interesting note regarding the widening of Victoria![b]

Great! That could be the routing of Ion Phase III...
(09-16-2015, 12:01 PM)JCnb Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 06:56 AM)Spokes Wrote: Hard to tell.  Momentum has a track record of starting things as quick as possible, regardless of time of year.  I believe One Victoria started either just before or in the winter did it not?

Looks like there is an active demolition permit application for the properties in question since July according to Kitchener's GIS system.

**Also an interesting note regarding the widening of Victoria!

- 15120629 - Application

Permit Description
  Permit is to demolish a 2 storey industrial building.
  Special Conditions
  **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.** Do not confuse this property with 100 1/2 Victoria St S **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.** **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.**
  Contractor
  MIKE MAXWELL :MOMENTUM DEVELOPMENTS
  Contractor Contact
  KITCHENER ON phone 519-570-6407 phone2 519--
  Construction Value
  $0.00

The idea of widening Victoria St S, when it's only a few years since the road was rebuilt after the idea was rejected in the face of community opposition, surprises me.  I didn't agree with the decision not to widen the street, but this seems a rather poor and expensive way of going about it.
(09-16-2015, 12:01 PM)JCnb Wrote: **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.**

I'm confused as to why this would have any effect on the One Hundred project? Victoria is already 4 lanes from King to Park. Maybe reconstruction in this section would widen Victoria? There can't be much room for that, the building at Victoria & Joseph is already pretty close to the street.
(09-16-2015, 02:18 PM)highlander Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 12:01 PM)JCnb Wrote: **Notify owner or applicant of proposed widening of Victoria St S to 4 lanes from King St to Lawrence Ave.**

I'm confused as to why this would have any effect on the One Hundred project? Victoria is already 4 lanes from King to Park. Maybe reconstruction in this section would widen Victoria? There can't be much room for that, the building at Victoria & Joseph is already pretty close to the street.

It's likely just a standard note applied to any proposed development between Lawrence and King. From Lawrence to Park, there would be direct construction impacts, but for developers Park to King, there would still be downstream transportation network impacts, thanks to what would be a closure of Victoria.

There is likely no urgency to the widening itself, particularly since it was relatively recently redone as a 2 lane road. It's just one of those things that sits on the books in the planning department, and is dutifully carried forward in the interests of finally completing 10, 20, 30 years down the line.
The plan to widen Victoria would also likely mean a fairly decent road widening will be removed from the current property limits which would have an impact on setbacks etc...
(09-16-2015, 05:01 PM)JCnb Wrote: The plan to widen Victoria would also likely mean a fairly decent road widening will be removed from the current property limits which would have an impact on setbacks etc...

Quite possibly a couple of demolitions.

Does anyone have any news regarding the OMB hearing?

(Not that the possible Victoria widening isn't stimulating, I am just incredibly curious about One Hundred lol)
The Region routinely takes a road widening allotment from properties with development applications along regional roads. If you have a chance to look closely at property parcel mapping, you can see the jagged road allowances where some properties have a 3 m setback from their neighbours.
I like this line the best: "** Do not confuse this property with 100 1/2 Victoria St S"

That could be a bad day at the office...
(09-16-2015, 09:47 PM)gomesjustin Wrote: Does anyone have any news regarding the OMB hearing?

(Not that the possible Victoria widening isn't stimulating, I am just incredibly curious about One Hundred lol)

There is no decision yet.  It's now two weeks since the hearing, and typically OMB will make a decision within a few weeks, so we might see a decision soon. Big Grin
(09-22-2015, 08:01 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 09:47 PM)gomesjustin Wrote: Does anyone have any news regarding the OMB hearing?

There is no decision yet.  It's now two weeks since the hearing, and typically OMB will make a decision within a few weeks, so we might see a decision soon. Big Grin

Thanks tomh009!! I think I can guess as to which way the OMB will be deciding.
According to the OMB site, the hearing is scheduled to continue on January 25, 2016.
Momentum's website is now indicating One Hundred is 75% sold.

According to the latest newsletter from Momentum, the OMB hearing concluded near the end of February.  A decision is expected in the spring (soon?).
Tower 1 is over 90% sold.
Tower 2 is nearly 70% sold.
(04-14-2016, 10:05 AM)519 Wrote: According to the latest newsletter from Momentum, the OMB hearing concluded near the end of February.  A decision is expected in the spring (soon?).
Tower 1 is over 90% sold.
Tower 2 is nearly 70% sold.

That is impressive.  Safe to assume these are mostly being sold to investors to be rental units?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »